Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are your smallies attached to any item of clothing?

Options
  • 03-08-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

My little man has a bit of an obsession with his dressing gown - he'd wear it all day over his clothes (ala Hugh Heffner!) if you let him.
    So, we were at the zoo on sunday & I spotted a little girl of about 4 weraring a pair of pink Pj's & bright pink weiiles :D - this got me thinking.. do all kids go through a phase like this & if yours did what item of clothing was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Yep, when he was about 2 years old, my son had a fixation about a red tracksuit, loved wearing it and was heartbroken when he grew out of it.

I bought him another (larger) one, but he didn't have the same attachment to it.

I remember my daughter getting a new pair of shoes which she insisted on wearing to bed - I had to sneak in when she was asleep and take them off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

when my second daughter was born she gave her big sister a snow white dress up dress as a present ,
    my dd aged 3 and a half at the time wore it constantly even sleeping in it for 3 days...going to shopping centre, mass,visiting us in hospital.....and hubby had to deal with it all.

she wore it very frequently for over a yr, when it became too small and the she carried it around on her arm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My daughter has a bit of a fixation on her wellies for some reason. She isn't too fond of her shoes and every day we have the "Dance of the Wellies" - I put on her shoes, she runs off and gets her wellies and stands in front of me waving the wellies at me... They're too small for her now (her feet are growing at a rate of knots) but every day, we have to do the whole thing where I put her wellies on, tell her "too small! They don't fit anymore".. then she'll shrug and put them away. Until the next day.

I should really throw them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

embee wrote:
    My daughter has a bit of a fixation on her wellies for some reason. She isn't too fond of her shoes and every day we have the "Dance of the Wellies" - I put on her shoes, she runs off and gets her wellies and stands in front of me waving the wellies at me... They're too small for her now (her feet are growing at a rate of knots) but every day, we have to do the whole thing where I put her wellies on, tell her "too small! They don't fit anymore".. then she'll shrug and put them away. Until the next day.

I should really throw them out.

Too cute... my daughter says about her too small wellies "maybe I'll grow into them" and continues to try them on every week.

Advertisement