Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Warnock - again!

• 03-08-2007 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

from liverpool Daily Post
    I hated Rafa Benitez,' insists Neil Warnock

Aug 3 2007

NEIL WARNOCK has revealed how he bet on Liverpool to lose last season's Champion's League final after feeling betrayed by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez.

In his autobiography the former Sheffield United manager criticises Benitez's team selection in Lverpool's 1-0 defeat at Fulham in April - a reault which he cliams cost United their Premier League status.

Warnock writes: "As we arrived at Villa Park on the penultimate weekend of the season, I saw the team Benitez had picked for Liverpool's visit to Craven Cottage that afternoon.

"Liverpool had beaten Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final the previous Tuesday and I was curious how they would approach the Fulham game.

"But I never thought Benitez would stoop as low as he did. He left out nine of his first-team players. Nine.

"The Champions League final was still more than two weeks away. I couldn't understand it.

"I hadn't even heard of two of the players Benitez picked. Seriously. That showed total contempt for us.

"I know he has to look after the interests of his own club. But why rest practically his entire team when the final was still so far away?

"He brought them all back a week later for their last game of the season against Charlton, which was a match with nothing riding on it. I hated Benitez when I saw that Liverpool team. I know that sounds horrible but I did hate him."

Get over it, had your team won (even drawn) one more match it would'nt have mattered.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

"I hadn't even heard of two of the players Benitez picked. Seriously. That showed total contempt for us.

maybe if you done your homework on players and opposition in the premiership last season you might have been capable of getting a few more points

"I know he has to look after the interests of his own club.

as any manager should do, after all its what his bloody job is!!

warnock showed his ability to manage teams, 6 or 7 years trying to get into the premiership, then quickly back out of it, hopefully he never appears again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

hows the job hunt going Neil?

hope he never manages in the Premiership again.

bitter. bitter. bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We're going to need a Neil Warnock Superthread at this stage.

I like him, and Liverpool fans getting in a hissy fit because he has a go at the manager are being a bit silly.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think he's great. Without the likes of he, Mourinho, SAF and Wenger we would have nothing to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

im not in a hissy fit, i thought it was a bit daft playing such an understrength side myself, but warnock is scraping the barrell for excuses as to why he failed in the premiership, i dont buy or read the sun but the back page this week has been basically "Warnock: why ferguson is a p***k", tuesday "Warnock:why jose is a p***k" , "warnock:why rafa is a p***k" (not sure if he done a wenger one!!)
    course we know they are all p***ks but thats beside the point, he really should have a little more respect for his felllow professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't mind listening to Warnock at times, as he can be relied upon to speak his mind - its just a question of if thoughts in said mind are worth revealing.

Mike.

Not really, he is saying he 'hates' Rafa. Bit extreme.
    He is hardly holding back, or showing any dignity in defeat?! So we are entitled to pass judgement on him as we see fit IMO.

Maybe he shouldn't have rested players against Utd and he could have gotten something from that game?!

Its not possible to hate Rafa (especially with the new smig) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

its all just sour grapes. one game last season didn't get them relegated. they were crap for most of the season, bar one or two games. if he was any good a manager, or his team any good they would have survived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

this whole Neil Warnock bashing fest on this forum is joke especially considering that he is no more or no less of a moan than our beloved Ferguson's, Wenger's and Benitez's of this world. if anything Warnock has more of a legitimate excuse to moan especially with the West Ham saga instead of someone like Wenger moaning after every game about the victimization of any of his Arsenal players being sent off for nearly doing an on-pitch amputation of an opponent's leg.....

ffs it's his autobiography, do you expect him to lie or do you expect him to reveal his honest emotions?

i was in the same position as him or i was a Sheffield United fan I'd hate Benitez too. that's football, people get f**ked off at other people in the game and people hate other people as a result, i'm sorry to tell you football is not a happy clappy lets have a cuddle type of sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Any publicity is good publicity for his book I suppose.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, Benitez in the same league for moaning as Jose or Warnock!?!??! are you for real!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm sorry, Benitez in the same league for moaning as Jose or Warnock!?!??! are you for real!?
    yes absolutely, the difference Warnock or Jose are 100 times more entertaining when they do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ah, Rafa can be good at times aswell.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

seansouth wrote:
    Ah, Rafa can be good at times aswell. :D
    Ah yes, that infamous day Rafa let his mask slip! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this guy is an idiot. all he does is look for arguments when he is just wrong. whatever team a manager puts out is up to the manager. its nothing to do with sheffield United or any other team. tough ****. they didnt deserve to stay up anyway. all they had to do was draw with wigan on the last day.

Advertisement