Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Power

• 03-08-2007 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All
    Hope someone can help. Headed off yesterday and when I got to the park found that there was no power to turn on either the lights or the water pump. The fridge was running fine when I turned it onto battery so power was getting through. Got home and decided to try the mains thinking that I would manage on that but still no joy. the little light shows that 220v is coming in and the fridge goes on but no lights or water. Did all the obvious and checked fuses and they are all alright. Does anyone have any ideas? or know of someone in the midlands (longford / westmeath) area. Was on the phone all morning trying to find someone to fix it as really wanted to head off today. All was working fine a few days ago.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Your fridge runs on a different circuit than lights/pump, so it is not a good indicator for the rest of the system.

check the following things:

- make sure that the main 12V switch for the living compartment is on (if you have such a switch)

- make sure that all fuses are ok (not the vehicle ones under the dashboard, or wherever they are, but any additional ones you may have in the back)

If that doesn't solve your problem then I would suspect that your second battery/leisure battery is shot

Your lights/pump dont' run off mains electricity. Mains only charges the leisure battery which then powers lights/pump. If the battery is completely cooked it will not charge either, hence no power to lights/pump.

Try a different/ new second battery.

EDIT
    the only motorhome workshopt (that I know off of the top off my head) that's near-ish to you is:

http://www.ballybrittasmotors.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&categoryid=6

But on a bank holiday weekend I wouldn't put my hopes for help too high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Oscarhound

Thanks a million for your help. Managed to get the problem fixed, turned out that one of the wires coming off the battery had disconnected. Was giving out about it to a neighbour who fixes electric stuff in planes and he came up and fixed me up in a flash (felt like a bit of a girl though trying to explain what had happened!) Anyway away with me now and hope the weather stays good as myself, baby, dog and husband are not the best combination on a wet day in a motorhome:D

Advertisement