Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hairdryer recommendations

• 03-08-2007 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Calling all hairdressers!

I want to get a decent, salon standard hairdryer. What should I look out for when buying, and is that hairdresser supply shop on Abbey Street in Dublin the best place to buy one?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Not necesserly, i got a great 2000w one in argos...cost about 45euro and its great. Anything between 1800w-2000w is what you would be looking for to last you a good few years.

Also look for an Ion / Ionic hairdryer.....they dry your hair a lot faster than regular hairdryers and tend to leave your hair a lot shinier too. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

That's great to know - thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Id recommend getting one from a hairdressers like Peter Marks my sister got one about 2 years ago for like €40 and its brilliant! Never given us a days trouble!

If you can get one with the ionic thing in it, do! We had one of them in America and it really does leave your hair shiny and SO soft!!

=]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

hey there, yeh the supply place on abbey st is great 4 gettin a gud hairdryer
    but a paralux one they are the best (hairdressin 8 yrs) you can get one of then for between 50 -65 euro but they will last u a long time!
    gud luk wit it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got a 2000W hairdryer pretty cheaply in a chemist. It was a Braun. Basically, the highter the wattage, the better as it dries quicker.

They aren't too expensive.
    For example, the English Boots website has this 2200W hairdryer for £22 (about €33). http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1075041&classificationid=1044497&slmRefer=000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

hey there, yeh the supply place on abbey st is great 4 gettin a gud hairdryer
    but a paralux one they are the best (hairdressin 8 yrs) you can get one of then for between 50 -65 euro but they will last u a long time!
    gud luk wit it:D

Got a Paralux for christmas and its brilliant - don't even need to use my ghd afterwards - got mine in Terrisales,Abbey St.

piscean wrote:
    don't even need to use my ghd afterwards

Reason in itself to buy one - I'm sold!

Thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

I second the Parlux, have mine for a few years now its fantastic was expensive but so worth it. I would never buy anything else and I have very thick, long hair which I blowdry daily dont need GHD either. I've noticed allot of salons use them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Highly recommend the one they sell in Peter Marks. It is fantastic. I got mine for about 40 quid and it has served me magnificently. Cut down my drying time by about half an hour. I had previously bought about 10 high wattage hairdryers from argo etc. and nothing was ever even close to being as good.

one more thing - if u do buy a paralux hairdryer ask them in terrisales 2 give u a round brush for ur hair (no more than 10euro) this will help with the whole no ghd thingy

• Advertisement

louisecm wrote:
    Highly recommend the one they sell in Peter Marks. It is fantastic. I got mine for about 40 quid and it has served me magnificently. Cut down my drying time by about half an hour. I had previously bought about 10 high wattage hairdryers from argo etc. and nothing was ever even close to being as good.
    i worked 4 peter mark - these hairdryers arent the ones they use on the floor!!! 95% of irish hairdressers use a paralux dryer

Was passing by terrisales this morning and saw a paralux in the window for 83 euro.

Are they all this expensive?

thanks

hot fuss wrote:
    Was passing by terrisales this morning and saw a paralux in the window for 83 euro.

Are they all this expensive?

they are expensive but will last you a long time.

there are loads of different paralux ones - different colours/sizes.

you could get one for about sixty. go in and price them all!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Parlux are expensive but (fingers crossed I have mine about 6 years now still going strong ) worth every penny !! Wouldn't buy anything else :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Yes Parlux (not Paralux) are meant to be the best. Saving up for one myself!

Prices in sterling, but a few choices here to look at http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/brand-parlux.php?gclid=CKm-_cWY_Y0CFRAFEgodnGmhPQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mtaylor

I use the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer which is a great hair dryer that works to add shine, softness and faster drying, seals the cuticle, repels humidity and locks in hair color. It dries really fast my hair and leaves it smooth, shiny and healthy. :D:) :pac: . . . . . Good luck ^_^

Advertisement