Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Box 360 - Online - Gears of War

• 03-08-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I know this is more of a question than a thread but I desperatly need help. I've completed Gears of War on insane with relative ease yet when I play online i'm getting absolutly S**t on. 1 kill and 2 revives in over 20 rounds there yesterday is one of my poor records that I am particularly proud of. I'm using the quick reloads for more damage points and everything but EVERY time I end up 1 on 1 i'm first dead without fail. Any tips? PLEASE!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Practice and only get in firefights with the crap players. On-line play is a whole different ball game to single player. You are fighting against a much more intelligent opponent with better reflexes that has probably been playing and practicing since the game was released almost a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

If you're not using the shotgun, start using it alot. That would be my 1 tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

R u playing ranked games??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Dave wrote:
    If you're not using the shotgun, start using it alot. That would be my 1 tip.

+1, i always used machine gun in single player, but in multiplayer i got all these crazy americans shouting at me to use the shotgun. really does work, and the mellee of the shotgun is quicker and better than chainsaw, although no as cool!

I found it hard, but you get the hang of it after a while, and you become a much better single player becuase you get better at aiming etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I haven't played in many many months and I'm not sure how much the patches changed things but my main advice would be:

Stick with at least one team-mate.

Get out your shotgun once things get close in any way.

Never zoom in with your shotgun. (You can occasionally if you're blind-siding someone)

Don't be afraid to charge someone and melee them, it's ridiculously effective.

As with all games of this type; know the maps and weapon locations.

If you're up against multiple enemies, shoot the one that is bleeding (IE, the one your teammate is shooting).

The pistol has a fast rate of fire which can be quite effective and with the melee, you're not at much of a disadvantage.

If you see someone and they do not see you, wait for them to pick up a weapon or move out into the open, much easier target. Easiest example is the boomshot on gridlock, 90% of the time you can get someone going for that weapon if you keep your head down.

Don't be too predictable; don't rush the sniper all the time on gridlock :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If you host I will play along side you and show you the ropes.

ID= Gallant Gutrot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SOUL_SKATER

love dis game online ****in rules dont aim and use ure shotgun always **** the lancer its ****in gay shotgun always stay with someone as much as ya can ull get good eventually just takes abit of time but once ya get good it rules coz ya get ta kick the **** out of fag american foold who think there all that hahah love it ****ikn gays sniper rifles rule too if ucan use it that is if not avoid it completely coz ull only get ure head ripped off haha anyway ye just keep practicin alot

love dis game online ****in rules dont aim and use ure shotgun always **** the lancer its ****in gay shotgun always stay with someone as much as ya can ull get good eventually just takes abit of time but once ya get good it rules coz ya get ta kick the **** out of fag american foold who think there all that hahah love it ****ikn gays sniper rifles rule too if ucan use it that is if not avoid it completely coz ull only get ure head ripped off haha anyway ye just keep practicin alot

The lancer can be used more often than the shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

The lancer can be used more often than the shotgun.

true very true but not worth a **** if the other guy is within range wit a shotgun.
    dont aim the shotgun and learn to jump and roll when being fired at..
    you can learn ppls habits very quickly on each stage and they dont change em too much.... its good to change it up!:D

moggins wrote:
    true very true but not worth a **** if the other guy is within range wit a shotgun.
    dont aim the shotgun and learn to jump and roll when being fired at..
    you can learn ppls habits very quickly on each stage and they dont change em too much.... its good to change it up!:D

If your experienced with the lancers chainsaw there is about a 50 percent chance of slicing them :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I see you have quite an extensive vocabulary there:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Help me! The grammar (or lack thereof) it hurts my brain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Wow. Just......wow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Spent a large chunk of my Saturday sitting in the clothes I went out in the night before, hungover and in the aggresive mood neccesary to get me revved up for this game. My new best is 12 kills in an up to 19 (probably about 30 rounds played). While I am still finishing bottom I think this is significantly better than my previous record of 2 kills over roughly the same amount of rounds. Just wondering, I know alot of people say don't aim with Shotgun but I have been TAPPING the button just to get a plit second of the aim between shots. Is this still a bad thing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Just wondering, I know alot of people say don't aim with Shotgun but I have been TAPPING the button just to get a plit second of the aim between shots. Is this still a bad thing ?

I would imagine so, it slows down your movement and aiming and a tap isn't long enough to garner any sort of advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Spent a large chunk of my Saturday sitting in the clothes I went out in the night before, hungover and in the aggresive mood neccesary to get me revved up for this game. My new best is 12 kills in an up to 19 (probably about 30 rounds played). While I am still finishing bottom I think this is significantly better than my previous record of 2 kills over roughly the same amount of rounds. Just wondering, I know alot of people say don't aim with Shotgun but I have been TAPPING the button just to get a plit second of the aim between shots. Is this still a bad thing ?

Dont tap it,if have problems aiming you could stick a small piece of blu-tac in the middle of the screen to use as a crosshair/guideline(Unless you have a plasma and dont want to mark it)

I do the exact same thing with the shotgun.

It can help a lot if your versing someone using a chainsaw or a pistol but your best to get the feel for hitting your target (at close range) without aiming. Its a lot quicker and ultimately will get more kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

think ive changed my mind bout the shotgun it don work really well for me, i never seem t hit em even tho they right in front a me. its so annoyin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Ive pretty much given up on Gears online. I was a big fan for months after release, and was still playing when the last mappack was released (garden, bullet marsh etc). But im sick to the back teeth of it now. I HATE how the shotgun took over the whole game. Its like no other weapon even exsists in the game now, and if you even try to use anything else you get spottle little hairy palmed idiots screaming 'OMG YOU FACKING CHAINSAW NOOB! OMG YOU NOOB! NOOOOOOB!' at you. I purposely kept using the chainsaw/lancer rather than the shotgun just to annoy people in the end. I played for the first time in about a month or so last week and turned it off after 5 minutes. Still love the SP game, but MP can take a flying fcuk at a rolling donut

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

0ubliette wrote:
    Ive pretty much given up on Gears online. I was a big fan for months after release, and was still playing when the last mappack was released (garden, bullet marsh etc). But im sick to the back teeth of it now. I HATE how the shotgun took over the whole game. Its like no other weapon even exsists in the game now, and if you even try to use anything else you get spottle little hairy palmed idiots screaming 'OMG YOU FACKING CHAINSAW NOOB! OMG YOU NOOB! NOOOOOOB!' at you. I purposely kept using the chainsaw/lancer rather than the shotgun just to annoy people in the end. I played for the first time in about a month or so last week and turned it off after 5 minutes. Still love the SP game, but MP can take a flying fcuk at a rolling donut

I have to agree with you here. While I love the gameplay it's the people you come across that put you off ie..12 year old american kid who doesn't stop saying the word fa**ot repeatedly. I have no problem with a bit of competitive trash talk but some Americans are REALLY ignorant or have no sportsmanship which doesn't upset me it just aggrivates me. I have never had problems with any English lads and alot of the American lads are dead on but unfortunatly the few are louder than the many.

• Advertisement
Advertisement