Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!New Venue AND Time for Last Game!! EVERYONE READ!!

Options
  • 03-08-2007 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Your game next Tuesday, August 7th is moved to the Iveagh Grounds at 21:30 as Three Rock is not available.

Please recheck your fixture lists for confirmation.

Regards,

That's very clear cut isn't it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Google tells me Iveagh Grounds are Crumlin somewhere...
    Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin:

Proceed to the Grand Canal heading towards Dolphins Barn, turn onto Crumlin Road. Proceed for .5 mile (Approx) along Crumlin Road through Crumlin Cross Roads. You will see Crumlin Garda Station and a shopping centre on your right. Proceed past the Garda Station and the Shopping Centre, the Guinness Iveagh Grounds are 400 metres past the Shopping Centre and sign posted on your right. When entering the grounds just tell the security that you are playing in the Astro Soccer League. You will be told your dressing room on the night by the security guard. Please obey the rules of the grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

It's where St James' Gate used to play in the LoI First Division. Probably still play there. Lovely pitches too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

WeAreShels wrote:
    It's where St James' Gate used to play in the LoI First Division. Probably still play there. Lovely pitches too

They do still play there. I was up there the other week, smashing pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

eh lads, have they got new astro turf pitches in Iveagh grounds now? cos the one that used to be there is the worst pitch I've ever played on - rock hard and full of sand. Would be glad to hear if the astro pitches are improved (given that its on my doorstep n all).

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Anto McC wrote:
    They do still play there. I was up there the other week, smashing pitches.

I read that wrong first time round and was going to ask you to explain your destructive behaviour :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ah Crumlin, what a bitch to get too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

LeixlipRed wrote:
    Ah Crumlin, what a bitch to get too

? There's loads of buses that go to Crumlin. and the goldenbridge luas stop is a 15 minute walk from the Iveagh grounds.

Two bus minimum from Leixlip or train and luas. That qualifies as a bitch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

15 minute walk

:eek:

Walk? What's this walk?

Lads, who's giving lifts from town? Half nine kick off ffs, everyone with a car, in town, half eight. Some cars may have to make two trips.

Or we all bale into Sav's van :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres a bus stop right outside the grounds, cant remember which buses go there but im sure that somebody will know it, tis about 20 mins from pearse street. i have played there a few times this year and the pitches are ok.

• Advertisement

I assume we'll be playing under the lights? I love playing under floodlights. Brings back memories of playing Home Farm in Whitehall at schoolboy. those were the days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

seansouth wrote:

Or we all bale into Sav's van :D
    Oi! There's 50 Roma already living in there :D

I thought my local roundabout was looking a bit light on numbers alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eh lads, have they got new astro turf pitches in Iveagh grounds now? cos the one that used to be there is the worst pitch I've ever played on - rock hard and full of sand. Would be glad to hear if the astro pitches are improved (given that its on my doorstep n all).

I played there a while ago, a few months - so if they have not changed it since then it is still the one you are thinking of,

i hated playing on it, it is rock hard as you say and covered with sand, and when the ball is bouncing to you - it's impossible to judge - best trying to play it along the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Same one with the wire hanging accross the pitch , the one you would think the ball would never hit but hits on every kick out.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

buses that go up crumlin road (where the grounds are):
    50, 56a, 77, 77a (I'll be on one of these from pearse st)

or you can get the 150 from fleet st

Advertisement