Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight blur...

Options
  • 03-08-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My old man just got a new pc, it has Intel on-board graphics....

Problem is that the image is slightly blurred on the screen... kind of shadows on small icons etc.

The screen is a 19' widescreen connected via VGA port. I looked up the screen on the net and is only a cheapo <€200...

Would a new graphics card solve the problem? My thought is that the on-board chip doesnt support the screen ratio....

Cheers in advance,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

19'? That's some size, hehe :D.

If you're running Windows, make sure you activate ClearType fonts.

Does the monitor have a DVI connector or just VGA. You say it's a cheapo, so it probably doesn't have a DVI connector.

I think there's an option to have colours behind desktop icons. It's somewhere under the usual desktop properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The blur is very likely a result of the VGA interface and not a hole lot you can do to counter that.

You could try updating the display driver for the Intel graphics but at best I'd say the only way to resolve it is to change the graphics card for something with better 2D output quality but it maybe the monitor so changing the GPU may solve nothing..

Advertisement