Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Audi is dead car walking....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I've one for sale if your interested.

u may have heard about it all ready!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055124215

form an orderly line now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unkel understands me! :)

I'm now thinking slightly sideways. A while back I posted on Classic cars about buying a little daily runabout and spending the bigger money on a (almost) tax free number (w116, w123) suddenly thats an immediate option.

Ah choices, choices!

Mike.

Bump From the Dead :eek:

Audi still going and no worse, I spotted an old 100 going for 500 notes at a garage that I visited a month back, I dunno which engine it had (back end parked tight to a wall) but I was just thinking if the engine were suitable (1.8/2.0) would it be worth doing a deal with the garage, they get to sell the car and I tell them to transfere the engine over. Anyone in the know got a ballpark figure for an engine swap?

I reckon it might be a better bet than selling mine for little money and getting something else.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hi Mike,
    why do you want to do an engine swop? if the cam and head is gone then surely you could pick up a head handy, and it's a much easier job than engine swop.
    You mentioned getting the oil pressure checked - it was good? and they justy condemned the cam/head, right?

I mentioned low pressure above so I don't think just replacing the top end (assuming I could find one in good order) will fix that.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Let go, Mike. Go get a Merc :D

Advertisement