Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peach Juice

• 03-08-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hey,

In Nigella Lawson's Feast book there's a recipe for Bellini's. You need prosecco and peach juice. Laying my hand's on prosecco ain't a problem I just for the life of me can't find peach juice!

I've tried Tesco's, Fallon & Byrne, Nourish and other health food stores. I even tried Lidl and Aldi!

Does anyone know where I could get some? (I know I could make it myself but life is too short :D )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

i think epicure do one - ive seen it in superquinn

Electric wrote:
    Hey,

In Nigella Lawson's Feast book there's a recipe for Bellini's. You need prosecco and peach juice. Laying my hand's on prosecco ain't a problem I just for the life of me can't find peach juice!

I've tried Tesco's, Fallon & Byrne, Nourish and other health food stores. I even tried Lidl and Aldi!

Does anyone know where I could get some? (I know I could make it myself but life is too short :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

Hmmm there's no Superquinn near me. Might take the bus out to one though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You could get a can of peaches and whizz them up? I'd add some peach schnapps to enhance the flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I have used Meridian Pear juice concentrate; it’s supposable made with 100% fruit available in most good health food stores

paer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

olaola wrote:
    You could get a can of peaches and whizz them up? .
    Yeah, what is the recipe? would it matter if there was peach "fibre" in it?

Or just get a juicer and make it, if a peach is really ripe you could probably just liquidise and strain in muslin or something.

Freshly squeezed or pressed juice is way better than concentrate. Or could you substitute. M&S do amazing pressed pineapple juice.

• Advertisement

The recipe is basically prosecco and peach juice. Nigella says that she uses white peach juice. But she does have a proviso that if you can find really excellent quality peaches then juice them up and mix with the prosecco.

I could do that but it's a lot of work to do when you need to mix up another batch and you have people round, hence the reason for me looking for the white peach juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Just to make it a bit harder to make ( :( ), a Bellini is made from white nectarine juice and prosecco.
    That's what the menu in Harry's bar in Venice said just before the 16 euros price tag. Harry's is where Bellini was first created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've gotten peach nectar in Superquinn before. I've also gotten it a few times in Lidl and Aldi when they have it on special offer.

You can make a variant on a Bellini with strawberries.

Mush up strawberries and a small amount of sugar in a bowl and then pass through a sieve. Add the juice to prosecco/cava/sparkling wine. MMM!!

Hmmm that sounds very interesting! And the up shot is if I don't feel like mushing strawberries I can just eat them! :)

Think I shall give it a whirl on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Almost positive you can get it downstairs in the new new moore st mall on Parnell st. Theres a polish shop there that has lots of nice strange things.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Any Newlands Foodmarket or nearly all of the Eastern European supermarkets do Peach Juice.

Certainly the ones in Ashbourne, Navan and Drogheda do it.
    It's quite sweet but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

I have to say it is SSOOOO hard to get. I work in hospitality and once nedded to get it for a client - I searched everywhere wholesale and retail, speciality, etc to no avail. Eventually I found something similar (but not perfect) in Lidl. Wonder if Avoca, Kilmacanogue could get it...???? Dying to know if someone knows. And it was also for Real Bellini's - but for 100 people!! I rang a well known 5* hotel in the city as they have it on their cocktail list....also to no avail. Only way is puree fresh peaches....(if you can get them off-season!)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

some recipes call for pureed peach, so I guess you could make your own out of a can... or out of fresh peaches which will be even more difficult to find at this time of year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Peach puree is way to go for a bellini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FunnyPauline

No no no - do not mash up peaches and make them into a peach puree because your Bellini will just look like something from a toilet - the aesthetic is not pleasant! Believe me I have tried this. Your best bet is with real peach juice - maybe Archers and orange juice? - just a thought

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi FunnyPauline,

Welcome to the Food forum :). This is an exceptionally old thread (9 years since it was last active!), and I think we can safely assume that the original poster has sorted things out by now. If you'd like to start a new discussion, please feel free to start a new thread! But I'm going to close this one now, as I don't think there's much that would be added to such an old thread at this stage, given that it's such a specific query.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement