Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External HDD with At Least 2 USB Connections???

Options
  • 03-08-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

You know how some if not all external firewire hard drives come with at least two firewire connections, is there an external USB hard drive that has two connections?
    I have a limited number of USB connectors and I'd like to be able to link one external drive into another, so I only use up one connection on the computer. Is this possible? I don't see why is shouldn't be as you can daisychain USB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Doesn't work like firewire because USB needs a hub for ports to work, now you could do that just build in a hub and have another port hanging of the connection but it's not something that happens all too often.

Why not just get a hub that doesn't use power (because the external HD units will be powered anyway) and have them plug into that & then the cable from that hub into the computer nice & simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I guess that's what I'll be doing 8T8. I just thought it'd be neater and tidier if I could do it the way I had imagined. Thanks for the advice again.

Advertisement