Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye-Liner

• 03-08-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for an eye-liner that lasts longer than an hour!!?? Everyone that I buy seems to wear off quite quickly and its a bit annoying! Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Kohl pencil, rimmel do a good one and so do Armani.......mine stays on hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Any tips with getting smoky eyes with an eyeliner - do you actually put it on the inside rim or just below the bottom lashes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

If you're talking pencil eyeliner I would definitely reccommend Armani. It's much softer so more colour comes off, and it stays on for a good bit too. i think it's aout 25 yoyos in BT... it could be worse (p.s. it's cheaper to buy it in Dublin airport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Hi I'm looking for an eye-liner that lasts longer than an hour!!?? Everyone that I buy seems to wear off quite quickly and its a bit annoying! Any recommendations?

Mac Paint, (I think that's what they're called. They are semi liquid and come in a pot...) lasts on me till I take it off in the evening. It's kind of like luquid liner for cheats as it's much easier to put on and you can achieve a similar look with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i use black eye shadow on the top lids put on with an uber thin slanted brush, comes out just like liquid eye-liner just not as harsh or severe and lasts all day long!

On the bottom I use one of the MAC kohls, Blooz and Smoulder are my favs and they last ages!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

I'd definitely recommend MAC liquid liner it goes on real easy and lasts the whole day! Plus it comes in a whole load of pretty colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Mac Paint, (I think that's what they're called. They are semi liquid and come in a pot...) lasts on me till I take it off in the evening. It's kind of like luquid liner for cheats as it's much easier to put on and you can achieve a similar look with it.

whats the story with this??

i have two pots of it here and never used it, does it have to be wetted or something before you use it...it looks too hard to go on normally!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Malteaser! wrote:
    whats the story with this??

i have two pots of it here and never used it, does it have to be wetted or something before you use it...it looks too hard to go on normally!!

No, it's of a semi liquidy consistency anyway, you just need to have a really fine brush to put it on with; I bought a Mac one when I got the eyeliner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

rimmel do a really good one and it lasts for hours

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

With the rimmel kohl and contour great tip is to pass it over a lighter, it goes on really thick and stays, just mind its not too melted and hot when you apply it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well it's not for everyone but my friend has had her eyeliner, top and bottom lids, tattooed on. It's not a life time job but should last a few years including a few top ups. Hurts like hell to get it done and resulted in swollen lids for an evening but the result is great. No more touching up eye liner. I haven't considered it myself but I may do some day. I think it cost about €120 but that may have included lip liner aswell.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Mac Fluidline.... apply it with an angle brush. Its like a gel and real easy to use. Can also be used as an eyeshadow.

Cant fault Rimmel kohl...lasts all day.

Dior eyeliner pencils are crap....too soft and tends to smudge a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Thanks everyone, got the rimmel one which is pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Yep Rimmel Kohl for me too, cheap and cheerful and it works really well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

yeah i agree rimmel is the best, tried others but always go back to rimmel it stays on hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Clinque works well too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

hey i buy the isadora one or the boujour paris (think thats how ya spell it) it never goes clumpy or goes (even on a sat nite after a few drinks)
    best of luck wit it

Advertisement