Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie's Seanad List

Options
  • 03-08-2007 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0803/seanad.html

Well it is noticeble for the number of failures on it and Bertie's need and desire to both keep everyone happy and put some of them in with a shout the next time round.

The Greens and PD people are no surprise, but I would seriously question the inclusion of Callely, Donie Cassidy and the ever detached Eoghan Harris.

Callely is not what is known as a safe pair of hands and suffers from that FF disease of overbearing smugness. Cassidy strikes me as an attempt to keep the Westmeath mafia going , just in case something happens to O'Rourke the next time out. I can't think of any reason to add Harris apart from the fact that he said Bertie was God.

More importantly it highlights the problems that exist with this highly elitist election, despite the fact that we voted to "fix it" some 25 years ago. How is it that one man can be allowed to choose almost 20% of the higher body of our Oireachtas, which itself has been elected from an electorate of some thousands ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

you know, i read this story on the RTE website and 3 things stuck out - harris, callely and cassidy - great to see somebody else noted that integrity was dead and buried.

first of all harris - what a joke. he is now found out - do ya think bertie rang him up a few days before the late late show and bribed him with this ?? more than likely. he even mentioned it himself when asked today.

callely - you can be an unethical f**kwit and still get a job that pays well over the national average. well done sir. why dont you go and kill some puppies on the way home to celebrate.

and cassidy - well he was always a waste of space and now he is leader of the house - nice little pay rise there. donnie's career path over the last 20 yrs - td, senator, td, senator - i wonder what is next.

like i said at the start - integrity is dead. bertie prob shot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Brian O Domhnaaill for Donegal...what a legand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

What's the significance of Corrigan's appointment. Is Brennan expected to step down in 5 years?

Advertisement