Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best worst presant?

• 03-08-2007 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Its a mates bday at the weekend and im lookin at getting him something crap.. Can anyone help me pick a presant?

like an ironing board cover or something useless like that :]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

A pair of mates did this to me & another mate at our joint 21st. They turned up with a pair of granny wheely trollies, filled with crap, everything from curtain rings, to a daniel o donnel cd, to a pineapple, i think there were furry handcuffs in there too. They bought the trollies on Moore st, & went around the shops looking for anything cheap n crap.

Have to say we loved the idea. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Get them an Allen key, then they'll think it's of something really cool but you can explain that, thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

red_ice wrote:
    Its a mates bday at the weekend and im lookin at getting him something crap.. Can anyone help me pick a presant?

like an ironing board cover or something useless like that :]

Get him a piece of cardboard with the word 'presant' on it in big letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Themainman

I got a car battery for my girlfriend, she was so not impressed until couple of days later car wouldnt start coming home from work in Dublin, co worker put in the new battery that was stowed in the boot........i knew by the sound of the starter that battery was f#cked, she apologiesd profusely when she wasnt stranded. (in the meantime i had managed to get a holiday booked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A used condom?

A run-of-the-mill Bic biro?

A Granny Nappy?

A flea collar for a mangey cat?

Whenever I didn't buy a present for someone I always made a birthday card out of taping 2 bar coasters together with writing on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good one I heard was getting someone a walking stick. Dont know was it actually done, but think the idea was there.

That granny bag sounds hilarious though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Get them a box of paper clips or something. Tell them Mc Guyver was meant to show up and turn it in to something really cool but he just rang and said he can't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tongue scraper.... ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Firstly learn how to spell, you spelt present wrong twice.

As for the question, rent him a thomas the tank engine dvd from chartbusters/xtra-vision and tell him he has to drop it back in two days. Not only is it a sh*t dvd, but then he also has to go to the trouble of bringing it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I once got my mam a tin opener for Christmas.

I don't think there could be a worse present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Firstly learn how to spell, you spealt present wrong twice.

Lollers.

A nice persentation box, nothing inside it. Just tell them since they already have everything you bought them a box to keep it all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Get him a Spellchecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The worst present I ever got was when I was 12 and my Uncle said he was going to stop visiting my bed at night....I get so lonely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Firstly learn how to spell, you spealt present wrong twice.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

c - 13 wrote:
    Lollers.

Damn you... I've got a killer headache, give me a break. At least I didn't spell it wrong twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Wrap up an old telephone directory in fancy paper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

wow, a comment about my spelling.. i really care.. how about you two get a room and spoon :)

arseholes

Was thinking about getting him a box in a box in a box... and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Mushy wrote:
    Good one I heard was getting someone a walking stick. Dont know was it actually done, but think the idea was there.

That granny bag sounds hilarious though.

A mate did this to his dad, he was not impressed, so much so the dad went out and bought a 32 lcd and surround sound system for his sister the next day! just to piss him off.

Hahaha

red_ice wrote:
    arseholes
    Well done, you're learning.

well in all fairness you are. How sad are you that you patrol these boards looking for peoples spelling mistakes haha. I pitty you, you must live such a meaningless life.

maybe we can start a forum for people like me with poor spelling to make random posts for you to comment on, im sure there are enough people here with a big enough heart and a pocket full of pitty they can throw your way just to make you feel important.

such a loser :)

• Advertisement

I once got my mam a tin opener for Christmas.

I don't think there could be a worse present.

i like it, easy to get my hands on too...
    tallus wrote:
    Wrap up an old telephone directory in fancy paper :)

another great onebit heavy tho... which might add to the surprise:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Calm down children. Spelling nazism isn't welcome here and neither is abuse.

red_ice, write out present 50 times on the blackboard, CaptainNegative, put on the dunces hat and stand on a chair in the corner.

nesf wrote:
    Calm down children. Spelling nazism isn't welcome here and neither is abuse.

red_ice, write out present 50 times on the blackboard, CaptainNegative, put on the dunces hat and stand on a chair in the corner.

For how long?

red_ice wrote:
    well in all fairness you are. How sad are you that you patrol these boards looking for peoples spelling mistakes haha. I pitty you, you must live such a meaningless life.

maybe we can start a forum for people like me with poor spelling to make random posts for you to comment on, im sure there are enough people here with a big enough heart and a pocket full of pitty they can throw your way just to make you feel important.

such a loser :)
    Ah bless!

I pitty me too.

Lighten up dude. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shanda

my brothers friends got him 21 cabbages for his 21st. pointless but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

I got an electric toothbrush off my parents for my 21st and it wasn't even a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

BaZmO* wrote:
    Ah bless!

I pitty me too.

Lighten up dude. ;)

Which part of my warning above didn't you understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Get him a bottle of hand lotion hehe, for the feminine side ofc :p

Although what i done for my little bro's 21st two weeks ago was to get tickets for the Bernard Dunne fight at the point, not so silly that one at-all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Get them a paperweight.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Is it his 21st and if so is it going to be at a big party infront of relations?

If so, it must be something embarrasing.

I await your reply.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Make him a jam sandwich and give him that

A thong

phone credit ( use the credit first so he'll get his hopes up)

sellotape

tootpick(s)

a single drumstick

a length of cable (any cable will do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I gave one of my Ubuntu cds to my Mac friend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fringe wrote:

Ha ha. That's a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Where's the poll... and the Atari Jaguar option? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Fringe wrote:
    Could be worse heh, it could have been a winblows cd :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

get a laptop box off a friend and as much laptop realted packing material to put on top as possible, then inside have a used condom.

watch the excitment, then the disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

They better consider themselves lucky cause my friends give me fcuk all, not even a fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

mcdonnst wrote:
    A mate did this to his dad, he was not impressed, so much so the dad went out and bought a 32 lcd and surround sound system for his sister the next day! just to piss him off.

Hahaha
    outstanding come back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

a wee bag of dog ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I suppose €21 in a card doesn't cut it these days.
    Just get a stripper and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Terry wrote:
    I suppose €21 in a card doesn't cut it these days.
    Just get a stripper and be done with it.

Or tell him you're getting him a stripper, and give him one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

get a laptop box off a friend and as much laptop realted packing material to put on top as possible, then inside have a used condom.

watch the excitment, then the disgust
    Even better way :)

Sofaspud wrote:
    Or tell him you're getting him a stripper, and give him one of these

Ha ha. Fúcking brilliant.

Advertisement