Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Limerick Stag**

Options
  • 03-08-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Guys,

i have been tasked with organising a stag in limerick at the beginning of October for approx 15 lads.

Can anyone suggest an activity - i have looked into the paintball and that is certainly a contender - we are staying near O’Brien’s Bridge - looking for activities for a the Saturday and places to eat and drink for the Friday and Saturday nights.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated...

Thanks,

Jo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

UL activity center in killaloe for water based activities. Kilcornan kart racing is decent. A little tamer is the indoor 18 hole putting course in Annacotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

jetski in kilaloe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Mill in Annacotty is a good pub grub type place where you'll get a decent meat and 3 veg. Finnegans wasn't great the last time I was there for the reputation it had built up over the lasat few years.

Activity..city based??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Thanks for the replys guys - can you reccommend any more restaurants and bars ect - thanks - Jo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

stay away.. u have been warned!
    nightlife here sucks balls..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

depends what you are into

The copper & spice restaurant in the Cornmarket is probably the best in the city. Nancys or Flannerys around the corner are nive pubs. Dolans on the dock road for live music:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

*cm* wrote:
    stay away.. u have been warned!
    nightlife here sucks balls..

No it doesn't. I've known plenty of mates who had stags here, everyone's had a great time.

In fact, a friend was here 2 weeks ago for a stag, went paintballing, and then to the greyhounds before hitting the clubs, everyone had a great time.

Get over yourself

No it doesn't. I've known plenty of mates who had stags here, everyone's had a great time.

In fact, a friend was here 2 weeks ago for a stag, went paintballing, and then to the greyhounds before hitting the clubs, everyone had a great time.

Get over yourself

yes it does suck.. maybe people could have a good time if they actually got into the clubs!! i agree the paintball sounds like it was fun but the nitelife here is dire.. just look at places like cork, galway, dublin, belfast these places have great events coming to there cities every week.. not here though.. there is a reason for that and its because limerick nitelife is ****ed.. unless your a beer bellied local drinker.. then there is plenty places to go and hold up a bar...

so why dont you get over yourself!! asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

*cm* banned for 1 week for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

nightlife is a bit dull if you are not into binge drinking. true.
    paintball and dog racing is fine but it's not what i would call "nightlife"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Nightlife is a bit dull if you're based here week-in, week-out, as is anywhere. If you're down for one or 2 nights there's plenty of good pubs and clubs.

I've lived in Galway and Dublin, and a night out in Limerick can be just as good as either of those places. The way some people go about the nightlife on this board you'd swear every drink was free outside Limerick and you've to get past border controls just to get into a club here.

TmB, I know the board has rules on personal abuse, but I'm not particularly offended by CM's comments, don't really see the need for a ban.

Nightlife is a bit dull if you're based here week-in, week-out, as is anywhere. If you're down for one or 2 nights there's plenty of good pubs and clubs.

I've lived in Galway and Dublin, and a night out in Limerick can be just as good as either of those places. The way some people go about the nightlife on this board you'd swear every drink was free outside Limerick and you've to get past border controls just to get into a club here.

TmB, I know the board has rules on personal abuse, but I'm not particularly offended by CM's comments, don't really see the need for a ban.

hey buddy sorry for calling you an ass****.. hope i didnt offend you..

but i do think it is like getting past border control..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Friday morning drama, eh? :)

Since *cm* was so apologetic, I've dropped the ban.

thanks TmB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

If you're down for one or 2 nights there's plenty of good pubs and clubs.

That's true. Didn't thought about that!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Paintballing and karting are great. Done both and was aching after both! Activity centre sounds good actually for a change, do something like that and then big ass steak dinner followed by pub / club. Followed by a gravy snackbox in the chicken hut. Is that open late? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

MarkR wrote:
    Paintballing and karting are great. Done both and was aching after both! Activity centre sounds good actually for a change, do something like that and then big ass steak dinner followed by pub / club. Followed by a gravy snackbox in the chicken hut. Is that open late? :D

I know Supermacs, pronounced **Soup,mass** at 3am after a skinfull is normaly open fairly well into the early hours, Burger King closes round 2:45 and Abra is open late too, no idea about the Hut though. McDonalds is really losing out closing around 11:30 on a Saturday night, but I suppose the proprieter is avoiding shift allowance.

Trinity Rooms is generally where you'll find the likes of me and my college buddies and people home for the weekend/summer. Icon is over 21s and Sin Bin is good craic with a mixed crowd.

A stag could have great craic in any of them, but bouncers here will be very wary of a stag I would imagine, since they're very wary of even the very sober and teetolaers!!

Advertisement