Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a new Laptop

• 03-08-2007 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey

would anyone be able to help. i am currently trying to decide what laptop to buy. have been looking at dell and at sonys was considering a dell inspiron 1520 or a sony vaio f series. need something pretty good that isnt gonna be out of date in a year. i reckon i need a 1.8ghz processor wit 1mb ram and about min 120gb memory..

can anyone recommend either of these 2 laptops or possibly something else

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭morgana

Have a look at Aldi, they have very decent spec on offer next Thurs for 700 €
    http://ireland.aldi.com/images/data_product/123386315546a5fa2387781.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Don't know if you'd do it, but i went over to nottingham & bought an Asus A6T series laptop last February.
    15.4" AMD Turion 64 x 2 processor, with wifi, infrared, bluetooth, 120GB hard drive, 1024 MB memory & built in webcam.
    Compared to what was on offer over here & still is on offer here it was a good deal @ 550 sterling. And they carry a 2 year warranty as standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

As seems to be reccomended in every post about new laptops, have a look at the Dell Vostro range, they're on the business portal, very well priced... I'm actually ordering one myself today, comparing with a home model it's a very significant saving...

Advertisement