Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choosing modules for 2nd year arts

Options
  • 03-08-2007 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

my sister has gone off inter railing for a month and has left her older sister to sort everything for her! she is going into second arts and is doing history and geography. anyone know what the deal is with choosing modules, dates etc? i went through the whole internet modularisation fiasco last year myself (business and legal studies) and to be honest i really dont want a repeat of that. it was a complete disaster and i'm studying for exams at the mo and dont have time so any info would be fab!

thanks,
    font22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm going into 2nd year Arts too and the last time I looked it was the 27th of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

super! thanks for letting me know! now i just have to figure out what modules she wants to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Surprise her!

lol, i might just do that, she would kill me tho..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Mine's the 29th-the day before I get back from inter railing. Why don't you just get her to do them herself when she comes back?

If not don't forget to give her lots of 9am starts, classes on Fridays and maybe sign her up for either a medicine or a engineering module

• Advertisement

LOL, i think she just wants to make sure she gets the modules she really wants etc. if this ends up taking more than 20 minutes of my time she owes me............. big time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

If she is doing history in second year it is compulsory to do two modules, Renaissance to Enlightenment in semester 1 and Land, Religion, Identity:Ireland 1540-1690.http://www.ucd.ie/historyarchives/stage_two_2006.htm that link is for all the other history modules for 2nd year. Most are open to omnibus arts students but a few are for the single major people only, hope I was of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Frank Thomas

What modules if any does hugh gough do in second year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

What modules if any does hugh gough do in second year ?

he teaches half of the rights of man, rites of spring course for first semester of second year!

If she is doing history in second year it is compulsory to do two modules, Renaissance to Enlightenment in semester 1 and Land, Religion, Identity:Ireland 1540-1690.http://www.ucd.ie/historyarchives/stage_two_2006.htm that link is for all the other history modules for 2nd year. Most are open to omnibus arts students but a few are for the single major people only, hope I was of help.

that was a huge help! thank you very much!

• Advertisement
Advertisement