Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first tattoo.

Options
  • 03-08-2007 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

thinking of getting my first tattoo.whats the best place in dublin to get it done.? thinking of an irish inscription with some special people's names below. on my chest. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

is it just text? how fancy will it be.
    make sure the irish is correct if you are using irish that is.
    Any old place should be able to do it.
    Recommended places are zulu, art tattoo, and the place in stephens green celestial ring i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sundale07

thanks,willburt. text will be in irish,celtic style writing. what are the factors regarding cost? number of letters,size of letters,difficulty? area of body?

basically how long it takes to do which will depend on the size and complexity of the piece. Prices range from 60euro to 100 euro an hour depending on where you go.
    if its only gonna be small (i.e take 30mins) theyl charge you the minimum price which is the hourly cost

area of body has nothing to do with cost, its all skin in the end :)

Wilburt wrote:
    basically how long it takes to do which will depend on the size and complexity of the piece. Prices range from 60euro to 100 euro an hour depending on where you go.
    if its only gonna be small (i.e take 30mins) theyl charge you the minimum price which is the hourly cost

area of body has nothing to do with cost, its all skin in the end :)
    where did u get yours done? who impressed you most?

i got mine done in art tattoo in dublin. miguel there is very good. but it all depends what you are after to be honest. any competent artist should have no problem doing a good job on your tattoo

things to look for in a tattoo portfolio:

healed tattoos that display clear straight refined lines
    good placement on the body
    quality shading work

things to look for in a tattooist:

passion
    niceness is an option :)

have a poke around town and see who impresses you, you are getting the tattoo not me :)

• Advertisement

ok, where is art tattoo by the way?

In dublin city centre, right beside central bank, just above cafe irie. 2nd floor. bunch of italian guys

Advertisement