Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your chances of surviving a Zombie Apocalypse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What's with all the zombie threads lately?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

You Have a 59% Chance of Survival!

eat it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

eo980 wrote:

Seems the mods knock em down but then more just keep rising up......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fr Dougal wrote:
    Seems the mods knock em down but then more just keep rising up......

As soon as we get a Zombie/Survival forum, then we can discuss all we want.
    Speaking of which, head over to the forums section of system and give the survival forum a plus 1 if you want a place to discuss zombies to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Oh dear - Better say goodbye now

I've only 29% chance of survival!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Where were you when I done a Zombie thread? We done the entire thing to death (ahem, excuse the pun!), from what shops to hide out in (Tesco) to which city to go to first and how to arrange our way to the Aran Islands.

Anywho, I'll take this test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

57%
    though it would have been higher if i was fitter, and owned guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

63%. Worrying at first, but judging by the rest of ye it's not too bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

You Have a 65% Chance of Survival! swweeet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I only have a 26% chance of survival.... I'm worried now. Will you guys protect me?!

• Advertisement

71% Chance of Survival!!

Bring it on ye bastards!! Not owning a gun and not being a master marksmen brought me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

55% chance of survival. Let's just hope I never come home to find one of my loved ones dressed up as a Zombie for a fancy dress party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

watna wrote:
    I only have a 26% chance of survival.... I'm worried now. Will you guys protect me?!

Sure thing pet, you just tie all these noisy pots and pans to you and run in the opposite direction to us, thats a good distraction, erm, i mean.... uhh..... distraction.

watna wrote:

Are you a really hot chick?

Are you a really hot chick?

If she's of the slutty, bitchey type too then she's zombie noodles!

I have my moments... don't they always get eaten first though? in that case, no, I'm bet-down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

52%
    Not being able to run much and not having a gun brought my score down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

49%. Close enough to 50/50 chance tbh. Higher chance of survival than most seeing as the apocalypse means that most people be drooling for brains and the like ;)

watna wrote:
    I have my moments... don't they always get eaten first though? in that case, no, I'm bet-down!

Do you have a 'nice personality?' Yeah the bet-down ones always survive and the hot chick always gets it. Meh, personality is over-rated.

Do you have a 'nice personality?' Yeah the bet-down ones always survive and the hot chick always gets it. Meh, personality is over-rated.

i have big boobies.... does that make a difference to Zombies? Which category dose that put you in?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

52% chance *breaks open zombie survival kit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

eo980 wrote:

My thoughts exactly but anyway i got 52%. id at least survive the first half of the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You Have a 50% Chance of Survival!

Not exactly if ya wanna stay alive stay with me territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

74% ! woot !!

Spyral wrote:
    74% ! woot !!

Me and you Spyral gotta meet up when the shít starts going down. As long as I got my trusty Anarchist Cookbook and an armoured Transit van I'll be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

79% chance of survival, I'm starting my own colony, with nubile ladies to breed a new master race!

Owning firearms and other tools pays off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

The first one or two were good, but isn't this what the "Cool links and vids" section is for? All these internet quiz things.

Result to follow.

watna wrote:
    i have big boobies.... does that make a difference to Zombies? Which category dose that put you in?!

It depends on how fast your running! And if your wearing a sports bra or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

54%
    But I believe it should be less as I am half zombie already...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

51% here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

watna wrote:

I think we need pics to decide that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

65%. I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hmm according to this I only have a 58% chance of survival, however as I still control the bird army I think my chances are actually much higher

jsb wrote:
    hmm according to this I only have a 58% chance of survival, however as I still control the bird army I think my chances are actually much higher

Not if, for some bizzare reason (of course, in a rationable zombie situation :rolleyes: ), your bird army becomes zombie-birds! Then you're truly fúcked and dooming the rest of us while you are it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'd shoot them in the head, but not before staring longingly into their eyes and feeling a sense of doubt. This is a loved one, after all.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I hope the countless hours of playing CS:S would give me at least some advantage.
    Oh wait!, I don't own a gun:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Zombie related forum ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

In fairness most zombie scenarios postulate the newly dead rising from the grave and spreading the "infection" by biting the living. No one is really at much risk in that case, any more than they would be at risk from say an outbreak of rabid dogs. I mean think about it - where are the freshly dead mostly stored? Mortuaries, funeral homes, places like that, which are ordinarily very secure with their own guards. Breaking into one of those places is tough, for a low intelligence shambler breaking out would be very difficult.

Even the really fast zombies would be tagged long before they got more than a couple of dozen people (and those dozen wouldn't get the chance to nail anyone else once people are alerted), and the thing about the shambling dead is they don't actually drive cars, so we're talking about ten days to two weeks for infection to reach Galway from say Dublin. Geographically they just can't do it. Also its not like they have a coherent strategy so they would simply be mopped up. 99% survival rates would not be out of the question.

The problems start if there are other vectors besides bites. Prime examples would be:

a) the zombification affects animals besides humans, in particular insects like moquitoes or midges.
    b) its a spiritual malaise or some sort of reaching from the dark side effort.
    c) Its an airborne disease, like Captain Trips in Stephen King's "The Stand".
    d) Radiation or similar.

Once again, its no problem if it only affects the dead. The mobile dead can be easily isolated and dealt with. Your survival chances drop dramatically if it starts knocking down the living and healthy at random.

Edit: Also a lot of zombie movies miss the point that the most vicious, cunning, bad-attitude-laden predators on earth are now, and always have been, average humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

45%. Balls. I need to buy some guns.
    Duggy747 wrote:
    As long as I got my trusty Anarchist Cookbook and an armoured Transit van I'll be alright.

Cookbook ftw! Who needs guns when you have petrol bombs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

73%, same percentage as my geekiness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

52%

I need a weapon of some sort and more canned goods... The place im staying now is reasonably safe and not super easy to get to but I recently moved so I don't know the area as well as the place I grew up.

Less population here though so that's good in a way.

Zombie infestations wouldn't be so serious if people remained cold and calm and methodical. But no - they always panic and crash cars and expose fortified areas by being stupid.

You don't want to be over-run by idiots trying to get into your hideout spot because they can't find their own.

I think the real secret to survival is being as scared of the uninfected as the zombies during a breakout. Of course you don't want to be on your own either so you really need to pick out your chosen few now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Nobody survives a zombie apocalypse. You're all just going to die a bit later than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

47%

Need guns, more canned goods and exercise apparently :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

That test is bull crap! Particularly the guns question. Its to damn American for my taste.

BTW: 73 percent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

87% If it happens... don't look for me to protect you, I'd assume your a zombie and shoot ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

54%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tis 50/50 for meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

You Have a 97% Chance of Survival! YEAH BABY HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT i ****ing pwn zombies

You Have a 47% Chance of Survival!

Hrm. We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

If you become a zombie, have you survived?

• Advertisement
Advertisement