Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low CPU Fan RPM

• 03-08-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Folks,
    I've just installed E4300 with factory heat sink and fan, on a Gigabyte ga965p ds3... The Easy Tune software that comes with the mobo is telling me that the rpm of my cpu fan is 530 - 540 !!! And it is giving a flashing warning like the one on the title of this post...

Is this a slow speed? I'm running nothing apart from XP and the temp is 30 C ish... Is there something wrong - or is this just some sh#te software?

I'd like to overclock but want to resolve this first..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

well firstly 30 seems low for a stock heatsink considering good coolers can't even get that low unless you have a really low vid but overclocking on a stock cooler isn't really advisable.
    In terms of airflow that level doesn't seem to match the temps you're getting
    try coretemp or even better speedfan to give yourself a realistic idea

Advertisement