Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nearest "road" to the gpo?

Options
  • 03-08-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

a taxi-man posed this question to me and a drunken work mate last night.
    he never gave us the answer in the end!!

so, does any one know the name of the nearest "road" to the gpo?
    theres lot of "streets", "lanes" "places", "rows" and "quays" but no nearby "roads"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Isn't it beside the IFSC and the Custom house. Its too small to show up on most maps. We had this question in a table quiz once

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm nominating Phibsboro Road at 1km away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Memorial Road, between the Custom house & the IFSC.

I'm sure this was dealt with on this very board not long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BendiBus wrote:
    Memorial Road, between the Custom house & the IFSC.

Dammit you got there before me.

Starting from O'Connell St. drive/walk to the Custom House without going under a bridge?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Mairt wrote:
    Dammit you got there before me.

Starting from O'Connell St. drive/walk to the Custom House without going under a bridge?.

I'm assuming it's something like drive down to Landsdowne, cross the tracks and then drive back up into the city centre. Is that even the closest place you can cross the tracks? I don't know the southside that well. Or is there an even easier way?

• Advertisement
Advertisement