Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cannibal Corpse

• 03-08-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Very hardcore imo. The titles are so ott that they can be funny. The artwork is gross though. Anyone like them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

i think they are sh1t......i dont like songs where you cant understand/hear what the lyrics are.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Corpse are awesome. great live band too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're decent, but to be honest, I never really got into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

On the 5th of April 2000 C.C. played the Temple Bar M.C., great gig- the tickets cost £13.00 (thats irish punts). I'll never forget the names of the support acts; 'Vomitory' and, wait for it, 'Deranged'. They both came from Norway (surprise,surprise!). Theres loads of bands who kind of have a similar sound to them (i.e. really fast, really heavy and crazy vocals). I understand what that guy said about not being able to hear the vocals, sometimes it is a bit over the top- but have you ever read C.C.'s lyrics? 'Cos if you have you probably wouldn't want to hear them properly. But even more extreme than C.C. is the singer for Obituary, he makes up noises and words- doesn't really matter, all sounds the same. Heres my cannibal corpse fact of the day: Have you ever seen Ace ventura pet detective 2 (jim carrey is in it)? At one point he goes into an underground metal club to meet his computer/nerd friend, the band who are playing on the stage in the background is none other than cannibal corpse- apparently Jim carrey is a big metal fan and asked specifically for cannibal corpse to be chosen as the band for this scene. Gallery of suicide is their best album- they don't name them like that anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Some of their stuff isn't bad, it sounds better like this though:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

They always kinda left me cold, but I like them a bit better after seeing them live. I can appreciate them as musicians, but I just can't get a feel for the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Didnt they make a guest appearence in Ace Ventura Pet Detective ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

They did a pretty good cover of No Remorse on Gore Obsessed. Not really a fan myself but I do apreciate that they're good at what they do.

While the subjects up, what do people think of Carcass? again im not really a fan but I think they were heading in the right direction with Heartwork and Swansong. opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

While the subjects up, what do people think of Carcass? again im not really a fan but I think they were heading in the right direction with Heartwork and Swansong. opinions?
    I think they were excellent, much prefer Necroticism or Symphonies of Sickness to Swansong. Heartwork is a great album too, not exactly in the same style as the other 2 though.

Carcass are fantastic. Have to say, I much prefer them to Cannibal Corpse, but they're very different bands, in my opinion. Carcass have a lot more groove to them, whereas CC are very blasting, technical stuff.

Carcass

Cannibal Corpse

Have to say, I do love that CC clip. ;)

• Advertisement

Carcass had more mainstream appeal you could say, especially with Swansong. I was wondering how hardcore Carcass fans feel about this record? Personally its my favourite, I never really got into their other stuff but Swansong and Heartwork are right down my alley.

Carcass had more mainstream appeal you could say, especially with Swansong. I was wondering how hardcore Carcass fans feel about this record? Personally its my favourite, I never really got into their other stuff but Swansong and Heartwork are right down my alley.

I wouldn't really say they've more mainstream appeal than Cannibal Corpse, just kinda different in style. I think Swansong is a great album though, but I've always thought Heartwork was their best album, so I suppose I'd be leaning more to the recent end of their discography myself also.

I wouldn't really say they've more mainstream appeal than Cannibal Corpse, just kinda different in style. I think Swansong is a great album though, but I've always thought Heartwork was their best album, so I suppose I'd be leaning more to the recent end of their discography myself also.

I agree that if you take their whole discography into account they hadn't more mainstream appeal but you have to say that Swansong is definetly a far more accessible album that their previous releases. I cant really comment on their older stuff much though since I've only heard bits here and there and wasnt really that into it at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cannibal corpse are a brilliant band,was pissed i missed them when they came to cork :( my favourite album would be either gallery of suicide or else the bleeding :),there bass player is cool too,wish i could play as fast as him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

They're growing on me, i like alex webster but i'm not too pushed about the drumming

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the drumming is the weakest part of CC. O'Brien and Webster are 2 phenominal musicians. They're not the most incredible band, but one I find myself listening to often enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

webster is an unreal bassist,amazing how fast he can play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

both great bands my favourite cc albums is anything with chris barns in it an as 4 swansong carcass its a good album but weak compares to the older stuff

Advertisement