Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake wars beta 2 open

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Will check tomorrow, wonder if ill still have my ranks etc..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    there are no permanent weapon upgrades right?

You only get it for the campaign and then gotta earn it again right?

What?? Ah nuts. Didn't realise that, although it is a pretty good idea. Will stop people constantly switching classes, and maybe focus on getting good with a certain one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I find the server browser still a little buggy. To join the TiG server use Alt+Ctrl+` to bring up console. Then type in "connect 89.234.64.91", notice there is no need for / or \ before the command. Feel free to use our ts if you are playing on the server, games3.iol.ie:8787, as team work and comms make such a difference.

What I love about this game is that it plays so well with a low number of players, even 2 v 2 is fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

SyxPak wrote:
    So....private servers?
    Our server is open at the moment, but yeah you can do private servers, either passworded completley or with a set number of slots that can be passworded.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My nick is Jimeatsmenu if anyone wants to add me. On TiG server most nights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm Kiith. Will try the TiG server tonight...if i can drag myself away from the Tabula Rasa beta!!

Also, was there not an Enemy Territory forums at some stage, and if not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I'm liking this game...

Used to play a lot of Team Fortress a few years ago and this seems fairly similar.

Haven't played Wolfenstein ET or Battlefield, so it's taking me a while to adjust to exactly how much crap is going on.

But if you're in the middle of a well organised rush, with tanks, medics, covert ops, the whole shebang... it feels very good.

The help tips don't stay around for long enough, Only realised after about 4 hours of play, that you could change engineer deployables with 'f'... and after the first attempt of flying a helicopter, I don't think I'll be trying that again soon.

But altogether a good game, I may join the TiG server later, but beware I am teh n00b.

Advertisement