Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktails in Dublin

Options
  • 03-08-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a really good cocktail bar in the city centre.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Define really good?

Capitol on Georges St is pretty cheap and cheerful. There's also Captain Americas, but it's not really a cocktail bar as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The horseshoe in The Clarence is a cocktail bar in the traditional sense I suppose.Wouldn't be my cup of tea and neither would Cocoon which is also a bit of a cocktail bar. The Mint Bar in the Westin's basement is kind of a cocktail bar.Used to go there but not so much now. They have a salsa night there one night a week and it's full of stunning girls. solas on Wexford St do really good cocktails and they're strong too. Capitol on Georges Street/Aungier Street also does cocktails but always found they weren't very strong. Haven't been in a couple of years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

The Mint Bar in the Westin (as mentioned above) is nice and any time I've been there it's not been too crowded either so that we were able to have a nice conversation.

Cafe en Seine on Dawson St does nice cocktails, or it did the last time I was there, bit pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

SPY on South William St does very good cocktails - also hit it before 9 mon-fri and they are half price! YOWZA! Monkey Magics are lethal :)
    http://www.spydublin.com/

Saba is also fab - I dunno if you can just go in for drinks though. I think they won a cocktail mixing award or somefink.
    http://www.sabadublin.com/drink-cocktail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Ooh i LOVE Capitol Cocktails!! I love their Strawberry Daquiri's. although as someone said they're not that strong really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

jdivision wrote:
    Capitol on Georges Street/Aungier Street also does cocktails but always found they weren't very strong. Haven't been in a couple of years.

QFT.

Melted ice-lollies in a glass. No way they are full strength unadulterated shots as listed on the cocktail list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LeanneK

Loooooove capitol cocktails! champagne cocktails for a fiver! YUM..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

The bar in the Fitzwilliam hotel on Stephens Green is great for cocktails. There are two guys there who make outstanding drinks. you name it - they will make it. even if its not on their list. And the place is never that busy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TGI have certain cocktails €5 all day every day, and pints €4

not all cocktails are €5 on the menu, but there is a separate menu.
    http://www.fridays.ie/pages/news.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I dont think TGIs cocktails are good at all, they use way too much premade mixers and stuff.

Porterhouse do good cocktails, and frozen daquiris are 2 for 1 Mon-Fri at the moment. Café en Seine have good cocktails for for €10 Sun-Thurs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

venu brasserie, a lot better than many disco-pubs, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1 for venue was there last night amazing cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

Alfies South William St has 5 euro cocktails but you have to go for dinner but the food is delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Chubbcakes

The South William...and lovely pies!Try the Pressed Pear...YUMM

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

My favs would be Venu and the bar in the Morrison hotel.

Advertisement