Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian May finally submits his PhD thesis

• 03-08-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

See it's never too late!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6929290.stm

Queen guitarist Brian May has handed in his astronomy PhD thesis - 36 years after abandoning it to join the band.
    May recently carried out observational work in Tenerife, where he studied the formation of "zodiacal dust clouds".

I'd love to sit in on that viva!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah, I know, he was working in the same building as me. Shows how quickly the field of astronomy advances really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

about time!
    fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's cool that he wants to get his doctorate the hard way. He's not willing to accept an honourary doctorate, of which he must have been offered many over the years.

I wonder what his viva will be like. Will they make it tough for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

dudara wrote:
    It's cool that he wants to get his doctorate the hard way. He's not willing to accept an honourary doctorate, of which he must have been offered many over the years.

I wonder what his viva will be like. Will they make it tough for him?

So Brian May can you explain how exactly you wrote Bohemian Rhapsody?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

fair play to the guy. 36 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

dan719 wrote:
    So Brian May can you explain how exactly you wrote Bohemian Rhapsody?:D

I hope his Viva interviewers don't go there !!! :eek:
    Freddie Wrote Bohemian Rhapsody and almost told the band how he wanted guitar / drums to sound. :cool:

Advertisement