Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BlackNight FormMail problem

• 03-08-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all

Ok so I am trying to set up a page on a website that will email the data input on a web form to an email address.

sounds easy, done it before in perl no problem myself

So on blacknight went for the SOHO Windows package

Tried a few ASP solutions but no luck so far

Can anyone advise on an asp that they have deployed on blacknight that works for this

Support were not overly helpful
    You would think for this they would have standard scripts to recommend you, both to help the user and also help with their system security:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

slogue wrote:
    sounds easy, done it before in perl no problem myself

Why not do it in perl again there ? Their windows SOHO package supports perl doesn't it ?

Also .. I'd guess if support doesn't know of one off hand its not really their fault ... they are a hosting company not developers .. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

PHP is supported. Would you use a PHP mail script? I have one I can give you if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Both PHP and Perl are supported on that package.

...so you could use Perl if you have experience with it, or PHP. I'd use PHP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

We support a number of ASP objects for sending mail including cdosys

We don't supply premade scripts on Windows

If you want to know which ASP email objects are available please contact our support desk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

blacknight wrote:
    We support a number of ASP objects for sending mail including cdosys

We don't supply premade scripts on Windows

If you want to know which ASP email objects are available please contact our support desk
    Indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement