Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSO list of most popular names

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

flyz wrote:
    So should all Jacks be John? All Nualas be Fionnuala? All Franks be Francis? :rolleyes:

It would be better imo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No sign of my name on the list, no harm, atleast I'm not common ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

flyz wrote:
    So should all Jacks be John? All Nualas be Fionnuala? All Franks be Francis? :rolleyes:

Sure why don't we make things easier.......just pick an initial and use that instead of a name. Eventually everyone will be called one of 26 things and we'll then have lists of the most popular letters for boys or girls! :rolleyes: That should suit the people who like to call their children by "unisex" names or nicknames.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We had all sorts picked for our son born in march...we were convinced that if it was a boy he would be Cormac and Caoimhe (not sure of the spelling) for a girl....but the minute he was born and I saw him,I just knew what his name was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I cannot download the link because my computer is on the blink. Getting it fixed after my holidays so can someone check if and where Noah is on the list. I read that it was 84 in 2005 which is strange because I have NEVER heard anyone called this. (apart from your man that used to be in Home and
    Away)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Love2love wrote:
    I cannot download the link because my computer is on the blink. Getting it fixed after my holidays so can someone check if and where Noah is on the list. I read that it was 84 in 2005 which is strange because I have NEVER heard anyone called this. (apart from your man that used to be in Home and
    Away)

Thanks

Hi,

Noah was 49 on the list for 2006 and 61 for 2005.

Do I win a prize for being the first to reply :D

Advertisement