Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Brava

• 03-08-2007 7:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a Sony Brava the other day and set it up today,I am not overly happy with the picture is there anything I can do to better it.I am using old scart leads that I had lying around the house,is there any specific scart lead I should be using..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you can buy better scart cables alright. what bravia is it?? and what is it you are connecting??

moe

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not sure of the model it is.It was on a special offer in DID got the tv,sound system stand and a dvd player for 1400.I am connecting it to a sky plus box just using an old scart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Dub13 wrote:
    Not sure of the model it is.It was on a special offer in DID got the tv,sound system stand and a dvd player for 1400.I am connecting it to a sky plus box just using an old scart.
    Are you using RGB on that connection?

sounds like the S Series for that price.

thats not a great TV on standard definition stuff... you could improve the scart cables alright but it's not going to make much difference. make sure your ntl box is set to output RGB. find this in the tv settings on the guide menu.

on your DVD, you can buy better DVD players alright, but again.. the TV is great so don't spend too much on it.

moe

only saw now, its sky you have.

with Sky+, use the S-Video connection for connection for picture. or go into the system menu and choose RGB for the scart output.

moe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks for the tips lads,I will try these out over the next day or so.

What kind of scart would you recommend and were is best to buy...?

Dub13 wrote:
    Thanks for the tips lads,I will try these out over the next day or so.

What kind of scart would you recommend and were is best to buy...?
    Don't go for that gold-plated crap. They just clog up your scart socket. Avoid.

Also, be sure to get a fully-wired scart [i.e. all 21 pins].

ethernet wrote:
    Don't go for that gold-plated crap. They just clog up your scart socket. Avoid.

i would disagree with you there.

i have a 42" plasma with NTL digital, and i have it connected with a gold QED €70 SCART cable, and i can see a noticeable difference over the crappy scart cable NTL give you.

i agree with your point in the €25/€30 price range, no point of buying a gold scart at that price.. they're useless.

moe

big_moe wrote:
    i would disagree with you there.

i have a 42" plasma with NTL digital, and i have it connected with a gold QED €70 SCART cable, and i can see a noticeable difference over the crappy scart cable NTL give you.

i agree with your point in the €25/€30 price range, no point of buying a gold scart at that price.. they're useless.

moe
    I don't doubt there being at least some improvement from using such a scart lead. It's just that you wouldn't want the coating falling off the cheaper connector if you had to remove it and plug it back it now and again.
    big_moe wrote:
    i have a 42" plasma with NTL digital ...
    Brave! You need to milk the best signal you can out of NTL's service :D.

Advertisement