Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wisdom teeth

• 03-08-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all
    Need some dental advice!!

Went to the dentist yesterday to have a filling (my first one, oh the pain) and to get my wisdom teeth, one of which is up and one which is just beginning to come through, looked at. The dentist told me that she will have to take out the one that is coming through at mo as it is growing in the wrong direction etc. She says this is done surgically but takes about forty mins and is pain free. But surgicallly?? Has anyone had this done? I thought the extraction of wisdom teeth would mean an operation etc??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I had 3 removed my mate had 4.They knock you out and all that lark so yes its pain free but can be uncomfortable for a few days afterwards.1 removal should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I would of said surgically does mean with an operation but anyway

wisdom teeth used to be done by the dentists under local but now they are also sent to maxio facial surgeons for the operation under general.

im on the waiting list to have all four done in beaumont cant wait :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭leann

So do you think its ok that ill just be on the dentists chair i presume with some kind of numbing agent in my gum and shell cut my gum open and rip my tooth out??! Oh the thoughts of it!!:eek:

Advertisement