Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live subs over ebay

• 03-08-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

These are goin for pretty cheap on EBAY, and i remember some people sayin you should buy them on ebay as their cheapin than the shops etc

Are these subs gonna work on my 360? And can someone tell me which shop you buy thenmfrom as theirs so many!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ebay.ie will work (got mine from this guy), ebay.com most likely won't, especially if you have already had a paid for Xbox Live Gold subscription.
    I'll let someone else who uses the USA ones explain how they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think we need a sticky on this subject. The best thing to do (and I did this) is find someone on Ebay America and find someone that will E-mail you the code as this saves time and money. Make sure the one you buy is not a 12+1 month free subscription as I do not think it works but the normal 12 month one does work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

IS there anyone who has tgotten them cheaper? I thought i saw them cheaper than 50E but since you have actually bought from them ill probably go with that person! thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I got mine for 34 euro on ebay!

But stay away from the 12+1 one's as said above, they are only for first timers I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Does that mean if it's my first paid for subscription I should get one of the 12+1 month subs? They are only about €12 and I'm sure you can get one of the sellers to email the code to you directly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

But i thought the American ones are regioned for America or something like that.

I reckon there should be a xbox live FAQ sticky or something of the sort.

Another question i have is can i change my xbox live profile tag to a different account than the one i set it up with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

besty wrote:
    Does that mean if it's my first paid for subscription I should get one of the 12+1 month subs? They are only about €12 and I'm sure you can get one of the sellers to email the code to you directly!
    I suppose if you have the option, then go for the 12+1 month subscription. Dunno how much of a difference it really make though. I got my first subscription there about 3 weeks ago. It's a 12 month one. I haven't had to use it yet as, if you set up a Xbox Live Silver account (the free one), you are given a 1 month Live Gold trial. I'm glad I chose to try the free Live Silver option before activating my Gold membership card, otherwise I probably would have missed out on the extra month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Stephen! wrote:
    But i thought the American ones are regioned for America or something like that.
    Foreign subscriptions (or memberships) may work in Europe at the moment but they are not guaranteed to be 'future proof' in other regions. At the moment all that is being restricted in this region are downloads that are specific to the American or Asian Marketplace, I think. You should still be able to download content that is available to the European region.

It may be difficult for MS to block users with 'foreign accounts' as who's to say you didn't buy your American subscription when you lived there... and now have simply moved to Europe.

I reckon it's a gamble though.

BTW - IIRC you can keep setting up new gamer profiles and taking advantage of the 1 month free Live Gold trial if you are not bothered by having to start the new profile from scratch and losing everything. This might be an option for you, depending on the game you want to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

theres a pack in a shop here in gorey with a year of live,halo2 and heatset for a tenner. works on 360

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fnz wrote:
    At the moment all that is being restricted in this region are downloads that are specific to the American or Asian Marketplace, I think. You should still be able to download content that is available to the European region.
    ... and it is only the video marketplace content that is properly restricted, you can still get any game content from different regions by using a silver account from a different region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

weeder wrote:
    theres a pack in a shop here in gorey with a year of live,halo2 and heatset for a tenner. works on 360

Please enlighten me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

weeder wrote:

Yeah spill the beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

there kinda like a clearence shop.
    some of em is only live and headset, others is live and headset and halo2

both costing e10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

you sure this isn't just for the original xbox seeing as it's an xbox game (halo 2)?

Yeah it is for original xbox but the codes will work on the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kensutz wrote:
    Yeah it is for original xbox but the codes will work on the 360

Whats the name of the place? I'm thinking of getting my better half to drive down from arklow to get a couple of early birthday presents for me!

I don't know, I'm not from Gorey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Qwertyboy

Does anyone know the name of the shop or does it have any distinguishing features?

I could possibly be driving by it so I'm not one to miss a bargain :p

Advertisement