Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing what downloads your Torrents... how?

• 03-08-2007 9:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I use Azerus to download my Torrents and its really good IMO but I recently got Limewire and my computer now takes it upon itself to open Limewire instead of Azureus anytime i want to download a Torrent, and Limewire is much slower for me atleast than Azureus and with no download with option just a open, save or cancel option im stumped as to how I avoid using Limewire. Is there some way to change what is opened by default?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What browser are you using?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

internet explorer, ive got firefox but i a creature of habit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

i had that same problem but i just drag the small torrent files into azureus now. otherwise delete Limewire and when it asks to be your default magnet handler after u re-install it then say no!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thanks, dragging it works. stupid limewire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Shift + Right click a .torrent file, go to Open With..., browse to the application you want to use and make sure that "Always Use" box is checked.

Now have a browse through your LW options to make sure it doesn't try to steal the file association back.

Advertisement