Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POP3 via Meteor GPRS

• 03-08-2007 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

I want to use the email client on my 6230.

I've tried to use the eircom mail settings: pop3 mail1.eircom.net but it doesnt connect.

Does anyone know if meteor blocks the POP3 port and does anyone have this working on meteor?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm not 100% sure but I believe you need the ISP settings active on your account and configured on your phone in order to use POP3 with Meteor.

Have a look in the sticky in this forum for the settings and if they still don't work you'll need to get Meteor Customer Care to also activate it on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

If you figure it out, let me know. I've been fighting with them about this for months and I will probably go to another network as a result... and soon. Everytime I say anything about it, they offer to provision my phone for internet, they don't seem to understand i have internet, I just want email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm having the same hassle with the email client on my V3x with 3ireland using my eircom email address. If I set the incoming port to 25 and outgoing to 110 I can receive popmail, and weirdly if I switch those ports around, I can then send mail. It's the only way I can get it to work. Tried using both ports at 25 and 110 at different times too but to no avail. Asked 3 about it last time I was on the phone to them and the guy couldn't really help as the mail client on the phone ish't supported by 3. I thought that maybe if I set the outgoing server to 3's outgoing pop server it might work, because it worked that way with o2, but I can't find pop settings anywhere for 3 email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

POP3 definitely works on meteor if you use their ISP. I used to use it for my email until I got the 3-prepay thing going.

But like ciaranfo is saying it has to be enabled for you account first before it works (this gives you a cheaper rate too). Just call them and tell them you want to use the phone as a modem with your laptop and that you want the ISP enabled.

You have to use the isp.mymeteor.ie APN before it will work!

Advertisement