Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying Make up!

• 03-08-2007 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

OK, so I never really wear make up... Eye liner at the most. I saw that rimmel matt mousse stuff and thought sure i'll give it a lash! What's the proper way to apply foundation? I don't wanna look like an oompa loompa! And I don't want it lookin blotchy!

Also, while Im asking, how do you get the smokey look aound the eyes using a pencil eyeliner? God im useless....

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well lately I've found the best way to apply foundation is with your fingers (just make sure they're clean first, don't wanna go spreading bacteria to your face now do you?) Less is more, it's easier to put more on if you haven't enough on, not as easy to take off excess without having to start all over again.

The smokey look is got by smudging eyeliner, apply your eyeline to your inner rims and using a smudging brush smudge it to your lower rims. (but not too low or you'll risk looking like a panda!)

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'd reccomend getting a makeover somwhere so you can see how they do it. Armani in BT does one for €25 which you can then claim off products. i had smoky eyes done for my 21st a few years ago and they did a really good job. I can do them myself now too as I watched the girl. They also do lovely foundation, it's quite light. Yves Saint Laurent do light foundation with good coverage as well. Cheaper brands I've found with the most non-orangey foundation is Maybelline. i use my fingers to pur foundation on during the day. if I'm going out at night i use a foundation brush. It gives great coverage. I used to work in cosmetics and I found that it take people a few tries to find a foundation suitable for them. That's why it is better to go in to a department store where someone can try it on your jawline for you. It stops you wasting money on foundation that you think looks nice but it actually very orange on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Any liquid foundation is best applied with a foundation brush, lasts a lot longer and you can buff it right into the skin.

I agree that the Maybelliebe Dream Matte mousse is great and this can only be applied with your fingers. Also L'oreal Cashmere is quite good, its a thick creme and its in a tube which is easier to carry around.

Smokey eyes take a lot of practise. Try youtube for some tutorials, there are some great ones.
    The easiest way is to smudge black/brown/grey eyeliner with a smudge brush or qtip. Put a dark eyeshadow on the outside of your eyelid in a V shape and blend blend blend! get a white / cream colour eyeshadow to your inner eyelid and smudge both together and up towards your eyebrow (not whole way!!) to get a real nice smokey look.
    The fun is in practising :)

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement