Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waking oneself from bad dream

Options
  • 04-08-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

I believe I did this for the first time last night

I had a dream that I did not like. Then I had this sudden urge to wake up. I remember clearly waking myself up from the dream, and remember when i woke what had happened

Is this considered a "lucid" dream, etc? I've never experienced it before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Maybe, you took control of the dream and woke up. Lucid dreaming is controlling your dreams so maybe you where semi lucid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

i used to do something similar when i was younger all the time and still do an odd time now though my dreaming seems less frequent,just near the end of the dream i can get out of it when i want and remember it all or i can stay if i wish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Now if a grand dream (or especially steamy) and not a nightmare, I can sometimes slip myself right back into the dream and continue. I guess that's a form of lucid dreaming? So this would be the opposite, cause I would be willing myself back to sleep, rather than to awake.

Advertisement