Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting up a business

• 04-08-2007 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

I want to start up an online site selling car electronics,does anyone know what wholesalers would sell car electronics,such cd players,speakers etc.would i be looking for a car parts wholesaler or an electronics wholesaler,any leads would be great.
    Thanks
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think this business idea might be more suited to someone who already has leads in these areas already. Do you have contacts there?

Otherwise, to find them you should find out about industry conferences, tradeshows etc & go meet people face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

if you want to succeed in your chosen business area, you need to know your product. That means the technical side, the suppliers, various options etc.

Throwing it up on to a website is not or at least should not, be the hard part.
    If you don't have a good knowledge of the industry already, I would advise you to start learning before you do anything else.

Unless you have a grasp of costs, margins etc, how can you know yours is a good idea?

Get googling, visit the competition, see what stuff they stock and email the manufacturers to find out who their Irish agent is etc, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

thanks very much for the reply's guys i really appreciate them,im in college at the moments so just want to start something small up and see hows it goes put what im studying into practise,i would have an extremely detailed knowledge of the products but im just having trouble finding a supplier,i emailed a few manufacturers but when i email the irish suppliers they give me i get no joy.i reckon they are only gona really respond if i register the business and get vat number etc cause i think they just see me as clowning around ie emailing them without sufficent company details.this is really my stumbling block because they wont give me prices i cant predict profit margins so id say my only option is really to register the business.
    Thanks
    David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ringing them is the best bet - if you've got a bad rep with them already use your mates name - tell them you're in college doing a research project on industry and ask for as much info as they can give you.

Advertisement