Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda HRv

Options
  • 04-08-2007 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

I was driving one of these today and thought it was great fun and with me thinking of changing my car, htis seems like it may do a good job.

Its Honda so reliable, good resale value (will source one in England), is a nice comfortable ride and a joy to drive. the power wasnt fantastic tough.

The only thing with it is i think its a bit girlish. I know i'll get flamed for saying that but theres just something so feminie about it. Do you agree?
    Like am i going to get the piss taken out of me by the lads if i pull up to football training in one of these? i kno i shouldn't care, but secretly it would annoy me to a certain extent.

Also what mpg would i be expecting for city driving? Any comments on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Girls car is ryt mate! But i know a dj in town that has one! There was a type r one in the auto trader while back! Did look the part! Not sure on fuel! Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think Honda ever made a Type R version of the HR-V.

To the OP, watch the fuel consumption as the 1.6 litre petrol engine in HR-V struggles with the heavy body. The HR-V is more car like than SUV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

I was told i'd get around 30mpg average in the hrv which would be fine.

I don't mind that its more like a car than an SUV, i like it for what it is. ALthough is it a bit to "womanish"? Thtas the only real problem i have with it!
    Also when is the tb menat to be done on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sassy lisa

my mate has a honda civic type r and they are great cars, and they are quite ppowerful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

sassy lisa wrote:
    my mate has a honda civic type r and they are great cars, and they are quite ppowerful!!!

Thanks for that, we're all well aware of the power of a civic type R :D

The HRV is grand with the insurance though. Dont think its that girly, wouldnt pass any comments tbh.

• Advertisement

Ive always loved these cars, something about them. Not that girlie, althoug the purple/gold/red ones are a bit. Stick to the silver/black and you should be grand.

Something funky about the interior to, just feels like a novelty place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dublinsausage

Ive always loved these cars, something about them. Not that girlie, althoug the purple/gold/red ones are a bit. Stick to the silver/black and you should be grand.

Something funky about the interior to, just feels like a novelty place to be.

takes me back to the days when i was interested in scuba diving and everything had to be ''Black'' for me . YES the great macho diver dressed in BLACK and then waddling down to the shore like an idiot with a great Big knife strapped to one leg and a small one strapped to the other for what I don't know but it was all show off to the folks in Sandymount. Then I go overseas with my kit and I feel like a big brown smelly turd standing among all the beautiful people dressed in colour.

Ireland gets a lot of rain & dull cloud . It's about time people (men) changed their minds about Car Colours . There is nothing 'Girlie' about red ,green, orange, yellow or any of the bright colour's, even a Pink Jag would be great.

Don't be a '' brown turd'' get a bit of colour on your car . It's more of a girl puller than a Black one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not so much girly/funky - more downright ugly! Not one of Hondas finest moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

even a Pink Jag would be great.

were you drunk writing that by any chance ? :D

and as for the HRV, an upsidedown skip on wheels, dont like them at all.

oleras wrote:
    were you drunk writing that by any chance ? :D

and as for the HRV, an upsidedown skip on wheels, dont like them at all.

matter of opinion i suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The HRV is a great car, i do agree that it has a bit of a girly feel to it with some of them., theres a white one ive seen around and has a Mugen lip kit on it, very boyish looking so you'll be ok.,lol.,
    as for TYPE R, they didnt make one in the HRV but as with most hondas the engines are interchangeable and you could fit a type R engine into your HRV or whatever., that would probably end up costing a bit but it would be very original and seriosly quick for what is effectively a jeep.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Just back from Cyprus on my hols - that place is full of Honda HRV's and I have found myself strangely attracted to them so much so that if I finally get around to getting that second hand car i've been aiming to buy it will be on the contenders list. Don't care if it's a girly car - at this stage in my life I suspect that might not matter anymore. Wonder whether the car is noisy or quiet - thats important to me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've always quite liked the looks of the HRV. It's different. The design screams: I'm a normal car although I look like a softroader!

I have never driven one, or even been inside one

Sure, it's girly. Iirc, Honda (UK?) sent out a press release that the HRV was supposed to be a car for people under 25 only. Why oh why did they do that?

@OP - if you like it, buy it. Even if your mates take the p!ss, they'll get over themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Sure, it's girly. Iirc, Honda (UK?) sent out a press release that the HRV was supposed to be a car for people under 25 only. Why oh why did they do that?

Models such the Civic and Accord have a very mature image in the UK. They have a rep for being driven by OAPs. Obviously not the Type R versions though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MPG around town would be better than the 2.0 CRV and other 2.0+ cars. Would not be as good as a 1.6 car tho, which is to be expected.

The 3 door had a bit of a reputation for being bouncy. The 5 door is a bit firmer.

The interior carries on the "joy machine" styling, and looks as unusual as the exterior. Tho I've gotten used to them now and like the look. They're rotten without a spoiler tho.

At one stage recently they were the highest rated car in the UK for holding their value.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Models such the Civic and Accord have a very mature image in the UK. They have a rep for being driven by OAPs.

Ah and you reckon Honda were trying to make their image a bit more youthful. I vaguely remember a British motoring journo claiming the average age of the buyer of a new Civic was 115 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

JHMEG wrote:
    MPG around town would be better than the 2.0 CRV and other 2.0+ cars. Would not be as good as a 1.6 car tho, which is to be expected.

The 3 door had a bit of a reputation for being bouncy. The 5 door is a bit firmer.

isn't the wheelbase the same on 3 and 5 doors?

Found it to drive briliantly, but boot space and fuel economy are disappointing

Advertisement