Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feet to short - can a car be adapted easily?

Options
  • 04-08-2007 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

I now got the Daihatsu Terios. And actually it seems to drive rather well.

But my wife also needs to drive it. And her feet are a bit to short for it. When the heel is on the floor as it should be, it is somewhat hard for her to reach the accelerator and, especially, brake.

Can this be worked around without some expensive modding, and with easy remval so taht I can drive as well? (Our sizes differ dramatically). Putting something on the floor might work - but how can this be made stable? Perhaps there are ready-made solutions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Tin cans attahced to her feet!:P Oj

Am you can get the paddles that you use with your amrs to accelerate nd brake, so you dont have to use your feet! But i think it could require for an automatic! Not sure! Ask at ur dealership!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Get her to pull the seat forward :D

On a serious note - i've never heard of anything to solve your problem....but she must be tiny!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

No problem.

I purchased a set of pedal extenders for a vertically challenged girl few years ago. However, the UK company purchased them from no longer stocks that item. (The extensions were called/named Pedal-Pals)

Do a "Google" for pedal extensions or pedal extenders.

See:- Car Controls

You could make your own heel rest, piece of wood with bit of carpet glued/nailed to it with Velcro on the bottom to hold it in place.

Alternatively you could contact Assist Ireland or http://www.iol.ie/~ability/ They may be able to tell you where to purchase the pedal extenders in Ireland.

Good Luck with the car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This was the same for my sis when she got her fiat seciento thingy. She too had to hold her foot up to reach the accelerator.
    I got her a set of boy racer style pedal covers that clamped onto the pedals and the problem was solved.
    Any half decent motor factors should have a set - just check tht they will be long enough and able to fit her pedals.

Advertisement