Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Final Fantasy 11 Like Today?

Options
  • 04-08-2007 1:34am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im a World of Warcraft player, goten to level 70 and all that but I used to play Final Fantasy 11 about 2 years ago but gave up due to the game being really difficult to level up and progress. I got as far as a Level 38 Warrior after like a year lol, I found soloing was impossible after level 15 unless you had the world of patience and partys frustrating as many people where quite rude and annoying, after level 30 finding a party wasnt easy and often waitng for hours for a good one to form just proved too much. Im thinking of getting back into the game now after an 18 month absence, has the game gotten any easier since I left?, Is soloing any easier as in easier experience points and more interesting quests from an early level? Also what other changes can I expect since Ive last played the game??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

Soloing, or duoing is a lot easier due to experience bonus items aswell as getting more exp for killing mobs on your own..But you still cant get level effectively on your own after about 16 as a warrior.

Not a lot of other changes. Minor stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I used to play it and I never found the people rude or anything in the slightest. But yea, it did get quite annoying waiting for like an hour or so before you could get a good enough party together to earn some experience. I quite like a half a year ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was thinking of giving this ago on the 360, as a few lads from work recently started. But the big 5gig download is putting me off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Gonzo wrote:
    Im a World of Warcraft player, goten to level 70 and all that but I used to play Final Fantasy 11 about 2 years ago but gave up due to the game being really difficult to level up and progress. I got as far as a Level 38 Warrior after like a year lol, I found soloing was impossible after level 15 unless you had the world of patience and partys frustrating as many people where quite rude and annoying, after level 30 finding a party wasnt easy and often waitng for hours for a good one to form just proved too much. Im thinking of getting back into the game now after an 18 month absence, has the game gotten any easier since I left?, Is soloing any easier as in easier experience points and more interesting quests from an early level? Also what other changes can I expect since Ive last played the game??

I'm the same myself love the game, espeically the fact you don't have to use a mouse. I'm playing LOTR now but am thinking of getting back into it. Just wish soloing was possible as a Dark Knight. Playing during the week wouldn't be an option, have to spend hours at the weekend doing nothing just waiting for a party. Are there still plenty of people playing or is it empty now because of WOW and LOTR ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thanks for the replys! Im back in the game now and loving every minute of it, soloing is defo gone easier compared to almost 2 years ago, Ive goten my monk up to level 18 now totally soloing with relative ease, use an empress band to gain an extra 50% exp which gives u up to 1000 extra exp per charge per day, not bad. Also I take on difficult challenges and even matchs so that my hand to hand skill keeps up with my level so that it doesnt fall behind! Love the sense of exploration in the game as well and the missions/quests with cut scenes. These were things that I found severly lacking in World Of Warcraft and one of the main reasons why I quit that game after getting to Level 70 with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

SImple fact is also that being able to lvl up in the game etc depends on the server yer playing on too.

Carbuncle which was my old server was a heavy NA/JP server which can be a right pain since it leaves ya with having to go with NA linkshells that are 5hours behind us and also the japanese there are stuck up asshats that wont pt with non japanese ppl. Asura is a decent server to start off on since it has a strong EU community which can help in gettin setup with a main job at 75.

Advertisement