Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrath of the lich king

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The only thing im having difficulty understanding is, wtf is a hero class? I know what it is in WC3, but how will they integrate it? The fact that its a hero class gives the impression that its more powerful than the normal classes we have now. So the only way i see this working is if theres a transition from our level 70 toons to level 80 which would become our classes hero class, which would mean theres more than the death knight to be revealed.

Cause if they just introduce this new hero class the death knight, and its the only hero class and better than all other norm classes, then everybody will just reroll death knight. Except me, ill just /wowquit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Deathknight can be unlocked at level 80 after completing a chain quest similiar to the warlocks lvl 60 mount quest.

Thats to stop everyone from rerolling from what i have seen.
    I have quit the game anyway but might come back for this expansion, or else warhammer online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

nix wrote:
    The only thing im having difficulty understanding is, wtf is a hero class? I know what it is in WC3, but how will they integrate it? The fact that its a hero class gives the impression that its more powerful than the normal classes we have now. So the only way i see this working is if theres a transition from our level 70 toons to level 80 which would become our classes hero class, which would mean theres more than the death knight to be revealed.

Cause if they just introduce this new hero class the death knight, and its the only hero class and better than all other norm classes, then everybody will just reroll death knight. Except me, ill just /wowquit.

You complete a quest chain (you won't have to do any raiding in it) and you unlock a Death Knight. You can then go to your character creation screen and create a 'high level' Death Knight. They're not more powerful than the other classes, they're just an alternative. They're a mix of tanking/dps and they use more spells. They also have an interesting rune-based system instead of a mana bar. Of course that could be changed if they don't think it works well, since it's only just been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Blizzcon Day 2 <- Lots of Pics & info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

LOTS of Blizzcon coverage:

http://www.wcradio.com/

TB do I get paid for that? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i likey, i quit before bc, might wait for this and join again , bc will prob come free with it too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

bc is out what 6 months? and allready they are talking about a new expansion.

CANT WAIT TO GRIND MORE REP AND BORE MY WAY TO 80.. seems just a plot to get a few more million of out the many people who still play or may come back to the game before warhammer hits the shops and destroys wow for good.

Won't be buying it, quit my boradin a month ago.

sunzz wrote:
    may come back to the game before warhammer hits the shops .

Thats exactly why this expantion is being released so soon, to counter the warhammer release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

bc is out what 6 months? and allready they are talking about a new expansion.
    They want to release an expansion about once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Blizzard have always maintained that they wanted to release 1 expansion a year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope this doesnt effect the anmount of people that play Warhammer. It'd be a shame to have alot less people in it, cause Blizzard release a new expansion.

Sounds like a good one though. Might get it, only if its released a few months before or after Warhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Going by the info from the preview movie, how will they implement destructible buildings, i.e. what use will they be? Battlegrounds possibly?

I can imagine how they are going to introduce siege weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

They are implementing a PvP zone. Where you are flagged for PvP once you enter it, even if its a PvE server.

Then there are big objectives for both side and completing the objectives and holding the zone affect the whole game world...

Then, there are destructible buildings and siege weapons that players can interact with, in that zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

nix wrote:
    Thats exactly why this expantion is being released so soon, to counter the warhammer release.

and it is still such a hard decision :/

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

any idea of a release date yet?

No clue as yet, but an educated guess would put it at january/feburary 2008.

Maybe even as soon as christmas.

Still complete speculation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

i really hope they put it off to at least early next year.

With zulaman on the horizon, and potentially a new 25 man raid in silvermoon/a new feature in duskwallow marsh and armory sets purchasable with honor theres plenty to be done before i start leveling again :P

cance wrote:
    i really hope they put it off to at least early next year.

With zulaman on the horizon, and potentially a new 25 man raid in silvermoon/a new feature in duskwallow marsh and armory sets purchasable with honor theres plenty to be done before i start leveling again :P

I'm 80% certain that Zulaman IS the raid instance in Ghostlands, im not sure where they will implement the new 25man though. Perhaps the big huge rock at the bottom of Nagrand ??

And yeah im happy to see the new stuff coming in the expantion, i just dont really want it released anytime soon. Still more content to plow through from TBC before i wanna dive into a new land.

nix wrote:
    Still more content to plow through from TBC before i wanna dive into a new land.

Agreed! at our current progress we'll be in BT by october :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ivan wrote:
    They are implementing a PvP zone. Where you are flagged for PvP once you enter it, even if its a PvE server.

Then there are big objectives for both side and completing the objectives and holding the zone affect the whole game world...

Then, there are destructible buildings and siege weapons that players can interact with, in that zone.

Have to laugh,

All taken from WAR. C'mon Blizzard!! Get some new ideas ffs

I put 3 talent points into improved blizzard on my frost mage, and the company still sucks :p

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote:
    I put 3 talent points into improved blizzard on my frost mage, and the company still sucks :p

made me smile :P

WellyJ wrote:
    All taken from WAR.

lol @ this. Do you really think WAR invented that?
    Welly wrote:

Have to admit, found this funny :P

OctavarIan wrote:

Have to admit, found this funny :P
    No, but I'm pretty sure that Dark Age of Camelot did... which is the same company :p

OctavarIan wrote:

No... But the new expansion is a clear attempt to compete with the release of WAR.

So you would think they could have come up with some nice innovative improvements. Instead of merely taking the one thing WAR is completely based on, and trying to implement their own version of it.

Don't get me wrong, I will play through to 80 on at least two of my characters, but I wish they would come up with something genuinely fresh.

WellyJ wrote:
    So you would think they could have come up with some nice innovative improvements ...... I wish they would come up with something genuinely fresh.

I agree with this. I was waiting for Age of Conan but now that's been delayed to march :( That looks really great, WoW looks rubbish beside it. I would have thought that they would have had something better planned for this expansion, but from the things I've read and watched from Blizzcon it sounds like they barely know themselves what's going in this one. I would rather have more Azeroth content than a new level cap and a new continent making Outlands obsolete too. But I suppose Nihilum need new content to speed through :rolleyes:

Also I don't expect any kind of innovative features in WoW ever, the current team is a shadow of the old one, and I've no faith whatsoever in them implementing any kind of new feature without messing up something. (Orc shoulders is the most recent famous example, god knows how they let that out)

Yeah, cos its not like Warhammer every stole anything from WoW! :rolleyes:

Stop being so naive. There is hardly any, genuinely innovative content, since the time of Ultima Online.

In fact, pretty much everything everywhere, was at one stage or another, ripped off from someone else!

And how dare WoW try to actually compete with WAR by releasing a new expansion :confused:

Ivan wrote:
    Yeah, cos its not like Warhammer every stole anything from WoW! :rolleyes:

Stop being so naive. There is hardly any, genuinely innovative content, since the time of Ultima Online.

In fact, pretty much everything everywhere, was at one stage or another, ripped off from someone else!

And how dare WoW try to actually compete with WAR by releasing a new expansion :confused:

Of course there is nothing wrong with trying to compete by releasing a new expansion.

What I'm saying is they are just being plain lazy with the content in said expansion. Why not come up with something new? Are they incapable of doing it?

On the other hand, they can't really be blamed for being lazy, they know that millions of people will buy it no matter what it contains. So why bother putting genuine effort into it.

Well anyway, once Arthas is gone thats the lore pretty much exhausted so maybe they will move onto something new.

Diablo 3 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well anyway, once Arthas is gone thats the lore pretty much exhausted so maybe they will move onto something new
    The Emerald dream (nightmare) is still to be explored/explained aint it?

I said something similar myself not too long ago however.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    The Emerald dream (nightmare) is still to be explored/explained aint it?

I said something similar myself not too long ago however.

I suppose if they are greedy enough they can invent some bull**** about the Emerald Dream but here's hoping they call it off for now.

Would be nice to get Warcraft 4,

With some nice new made up lore and what not.

Then a few years later WoW2!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If they kill off Arthas, so help me god i'll start hurting someone.

Advertisement