Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a foreign cheque in Irish bank a/c

Options
  • 04-08-2007 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

I am currently working in America but will be home before my last pay cheque will be issued. My employer told me they would post it to me at home, so I was wondering is it possible that I can walk into AIB with a cheque in US dollars and have them lodge it into my account? Sorry if the answer is really obvious!! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you can but it will take longer to clear, up to 10 days. think you have to go to foreigh exchange desk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There will also be a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It'll probably take between 10-15 working days to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It can take up to 6 weeks for a f/x chq to clear fully. Get your Irish Bank to send it on collection. This will make sure a defo answer will come back to honor or bounced the chq. If its ok, you can access the funds asap. If your lodge it normally your bank might make you wait or give you the funds if you've got it in cleared funds already. But they will db your account if it comes back.

Advertisement