Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst town in county Galway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hmm, obviously someone who doesn't know their way out of west Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

mars bar wrote: »
    Hmm, obviously someone who doesn't know their way out of west Galway...

In charming, spotless and beautiful Alesund in Norway actually.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Norway/South/More_og_Romsdal/Alesund/photo952777.htm

(A bit like Connemara:

http://www.igoweb.org/~wms/personal/photos/2001/ire1-clifden/clifden2-med.jpg )

I know my way out of East Galway certainly!

Yuk.

Gotta give it to ya, that place in Norway looks STUNNING!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ballinalsoe, honourable mention to Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

1) Dunmore
    2) Ballinasloe
    3) Tuam

• Advertisement

thecivvie wrote: »
    Clifden tis a tourist dump

Of course it is!

Its the prettiest town in the West of Ireland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davegkelly/574316290/

(Cant IMAGINE any tourist deliberately visiting any East Galway dump.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Earlc

Pgibson wrote: »
    Any town in East Galway.

Uncharming and ugly.

West- Galway towns are heaven by comparison.

Tuam should be bulldozed.
    A 12 lane bypass should go right through the middle of it.

Uncharming......

What school did you go to in West Galway?

Numbnut

Earlc wrote: »
    Uncharming......

What school did you go to in West Galway?

Numbnut

The Tuam School of Charm and Grace .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

I often thought you could just live in Gort and never leave (maybe lots don't) - they have shops that sell everything....you'd never be short of a handle for a yard brush, etc, etc. You can tell all I do is drive through and laugh at the shops there!
    Loughrea just kills me - nothing there.
    Growing up living somewhere between Tuam and Ballinasloe I have more of a fondness for them and there's more going on than you would think. So my voting is:
    1. Gort, 2. Loughrea, 3. Tuam, 4. Ballinasloe
    However if villages are included I nominate Ahascragh....wicked in terms of dilapidated buildings - the town the celtic tiger forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dunmore is a ****hole, but Tuam is a bigger version of Dunmore making it Irelands (technically) biggest ****hole.

• Advertisement

Calluna wrote: »
    I often thought you could just live in Gort and never leave (maybe lots don't) They have everything....you'd never be short of a handle for a yard brush, etc, etc. You can tell all I do is drive through and laugh at the shops there!
    Growing up living somewhere between Tuam and Ballinasloe I have more of a fondness for them and there's more going on than you would think. So my voting is:
    However if villages are included I nominate Ahascragh....wicked in terms of dilapidated buildings - the town the celtic tiger forgot.

We lived in Gort but we left to go to Tuam...

Couldn't ever imagine living in Gort again but I will always come back to Tuam. I love the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Loughrea is a sh1thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Adam Mitchel

Loughrea. Worst town.
    Full of cartels so you get ripped off if you stop to shop there.
    Avoid !!!

I absolutely hate both Loughrea and Ballinasloe, such dumps! I live in between them so I've seen both loads. But I live in Portumna, which probably isn't much better than either, but it's not too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lunitic99

Calluna wrote: »
    I often thought you could just live in Gort and never leave (maybe lots don't) - they have shops that sell everything....you'd never be short of a handle for a yard brush, etc, etc. You can tell all I do is drive through and laugh at the shops there!
    ya ahascragh is a ****hole full a dirty scumbags nd so is tuam and ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Ballinasloe - the last four letters say it all, and spell it wrong obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

places are only depressing if you make them be...everyplace has a bit of crack...ya just need to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smokin

I dont understand how you can class a town as good or bad? What do you mean, the appearance, the people, facilities, setting, or is it just not exciting enough for young ppl? I live in a small village and after living in big cities I appreciate it, so everywhere has plus/minus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

smokin wrote: »
    I dont understand how you can class a town as good or bad? What do you mean, the appearance, the people, facilities, setting, or is it just not exciting enough for young ppl? I live in a small village and after living in big cities I appreciate it, so everywhere has plus/minus.
    Get with the program your home town has to be referred to as a ****hole but still the best ****hole in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

smokin wrote: »

Mayo is another hole of a place! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tuamlad

Tuam is the best town anyway We''ll all admit that expcept for the smelly rednecks here!!!

HOORATS RULE GALWAY CITY AND COUNTY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Tuam?
    Ballinalsoe?
    Loughrea?
    Gort?

it depends on what you are looking for. you can hardly expect to move there and expect people to be friendly to you if you think thez are a crowd of hicks.

the onus as a foreigner in their midst is for you to be friendly to them. you need them but they do not necessarily need you.

Tuamlad wrote: »
    Tuam is the best town anyway We''ll all admit that expcept for the smelly rednecks here!!!

facepalm1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tuamlad

Serioulsy Marsbar will you get a liife and go out into the real world instead of sitting behind a computer all day. Which judging by the amount of facebook status updates you put up and the amount of posts you have on this site you do sit behind a screen all day!!!

Tuam is the best place to live n the county by far and the gangs in Tuam rule the entire county!!

GALWAY CITY BOYS ARE ALL RATS AND WASTERS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Tuam. Used to live there. Scary place to live, NEVER go out by yourself at night, and be careful in the day. The hordes of school kids are pretty rough and getting hit by cans and rubbish, or getting pushed into the road by kids roughhousing, is pretty common. Lots of very rough types and gangs there too.

Ballinasloe isn't pretty, but I'll take it over Tuam any day. Some rough types in Ballinasloe, but not nearly as bad as Tuam.

Serioulsy Marsbar will you get a liife and go out into the real world instead of sitting behind a computer all day. Which judging by the amount of facebook status updates you put up and the amount of posts you have on this site you do sit behind a screen all day!!!

Tuam is the best place to live n the county by far and the gangs in Tuam rule the entire county!!

GALWAY CITY BOYS ARE ALL RATS AND WASTERS!!

I have a life, one which seems to have better morals than yours.
    I have been a member here since 2005. Almost 3000 posts in 5 years averages at 2 posts a day.

Just coz my computer is on a lot, doesn't mean I'm sitting at it all day.

Tuam is a good place to live, I agree with that much. The gangs in Tuam are pathetic.

Anyway, I have reported your post as you are bordering on personal abuse and quite frankly, you are an embarrassment to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tuamlad banned for abuse & trolling.
    Thread locked, fighting over which town is worst since 2007 will only lead down a bad path anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement