Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New plans for Goodison?

• 04-08-2007 6:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭

Looks like it could be possible to stay there.

http://www.keioc.net/

I hope Kenwright and Co fcuk off now. They are an embarrasment trying to con fans into thinking there was no choice but to move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Personally as an Evertonian, I'd love to stay at Goodison forever. Its one of the classic British football stadia. It has had a lot of firsts for football stadiums. First purpose built football stadium in the world. First ground with undersoil heating in the world. First ground with floodlights in the World. Pele has played there, Eusebio has played there... all the greats... Ball, Royle, Dean, Reid, Linekar, Gray, Sharp, Sheedie. The list is endles.... Its a ground steeped in history.

Unless we get a sugar daddy it will not be possible. With regards to the Kirkby option, I will be voting NO when I get my ballot paper this week.

Its a cheap and nasty option in my opinion that is not befitting of a team of Everton's tradition and stature. Its a quickfix to a problem we have had for the past 10 years or so...

I appreciate what KEIOC are doing with their proposal. Its a great proposal, but its missing the most important factor... Finance and backing. We are broke. We have no money. That is why we need a backer. If they get a backer then that would be my preferred option.

I have no problem moving from Goodison as long as we stay in the area where our fanbase is. The Scotland Road proposal with Bestway at the loop site would be my most realistic alternate option. I really hope that is fully explored to be honest. They can give us backing it seems along with liverpool city council...

The pics of the Kirkby stadium look nice. But sure as hell, thats not how it will look when its finished. Tesco and the same developer were involved in Coventry's Ricoh Arena. The before and after pictures were quite different.

The main reason I will be voting no, is that they haven't explored all the options. Moving away from our heritage and fanbase is also a major factor.

It happened in America in the 60s. The NFL teams all built big stadiums in car parks outside the city. Initial attendances were high, but once people got sick of travelling out to them, they dropped. In the past 10 years you will have noticed that they all have been building new stadiums right back in the city centre locations...

For me, you need your stadium to be in the city. For me, Kirkby isnt an option.

Advertisement