Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I do now???

• 04-08-2007 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Around 4 weeks ago I went to the dentist and got a filling replaced.

She never smoothed it off and straight away I had to go back to get a piece of "cement" filed off the side of the tooth.

I thought it was o.k until that night I could feel the side of my tongue being rubbed and irritated where the new filling was... so I went back again to have it filed down. But still the same problem after that. So I made a third visit to get it fixed. And guess what?? The flippin thing is still irritating the side of my tongue so much I have to cover it with some chewing gum for relief.

So thats €80 for a filling and 3 more visits to the dentist to have the botched job fixed and I'm still being driven mad by the tooth. :mad:

She's only there 2 days a week which is why It's dragging on for weeks.

But what can I do now? I'm reluctant to go back to her because I really don't think she's up to fixing it and she's beginning to look at me like I'm taking the pi$$.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

If you don't think your dentis is capable of providing the service that you need, get a new one.
    Even if it's just to sort out this problem. There's no sense in allowing yourself to be driven mad by this when another dentist could be the very thing you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm actively seeking a new better dentist but in the meantime should I just wave bye-bye to the €80 I paid for the poor work?

Can I ask for a refund?

Or can I ask for her to pay for the repair if it is done by another dentist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I doubt you're likely to get a refund to be honest as the dentist no doubt would argue they did a grand job.
    Definately find another one, none of my many fillings feel rough to the tongue at all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Indeed!

And getting another dentist to give an opinion on the work would be like pulling teeth!!! ;)

But seriously, all you have to do is look at the irritation on the side of my tongue to see that the filling is dodgy. She even managed to file off a bit of an adjoining filling when "grinding" down the sharp one.

I've had loats of fillings over the years and this was the first one that the dentist didn't take time to smooth off.

Is there nothing else I can do but go back to a dentist I have no confidence in or just wave good bye to €80??? :(

Well, after a 4th return visit the dentist can see nothing wrong with the filling that is still causing me problems, yet she now wants to remove it and put a new one in.

I would really appreciate a dentists view on all this.

Anyone???

• Advertisement

I would really appreciate a dentists view on all this.

Anyone???

No... didn't think so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Hi

I've had similar problems and just moved on to a new dentist each time. It's reached the stage that I need a lot of work done and am planning on going to the UK or Belfast. I've had fillings fall out the dentist claim they filled a different tooth. One recommended a root canal, seeking a second opinion I was told I needed a filling, nothing more.

Does anyone know of a decent dental clinic, somewhere I could get concerns addressed rather than ignored?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ballybot surgery in Newry are brilliant.

too_sleepy wrote:
    Hi

I've had similar problems and just moved on to a new dentist each time. It's reached the stage that I need a lot of work done and am planning on going to the UK or Belfast. I've had fillings fall out the dentist claim they filled a different tooth. One recommended a root canal, seeking a second opinion I was told I needed a filling, nothing more.

Does anyone know of a decent dental clinic, somewhere I could get concerns addressed rather than ignored?

Thanks

It's unbelievable, isn't it?!

I got onto the Dental Council of Ireland about my joker and it seems all they will do is "send a letter" to the offending dentist.

Talk about a closed shop. It's a bit like when there's a problem with the Gardai they investigate themselves! :eek:

I got a few recommendations for O'Farrell & Staunton in Newry but really going after my €80 I paid for the privalage of having 5 weeks of oral discomfort and irritation.

Advertisement