Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discount

• 04-08-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I am going to buy a coat which is fairly expensive (510eur), would it be possible that I could get a discount for say paying by cash? Or would I be stupid even to ask?

note: I am not looking to debate the merits of buying this coat or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

In a shop? I think people haggling in shops tend to make total fools of themselves when it's highly unlikely they'll get anything out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Attol wrote:
    In a shop? I think people haggling in shops tend to make total fools of themselves when it's highly unlikely they'll get anything out of it.
    Yeah, I don't think I will ask. I have gtten a discount before in a different place but I think I will just not ask.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it depends on the shop really, if it's a small standalone shop and you are dealing with the owner/manager you can usually get something off. if it's a chain store you'd be unlikely to get much help..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I dunno, it could be worth it. A friend mentioned to me that she haggled a discount in Habitat the other day, which I wouldn't have thought possible tbh. Worth a shot anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

No harm in asking. The worst they can say is no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

my dad gets discount in bts when he pays in cash...and its only when he asks...but he spends a fair bit in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

niavie wrote:
    my dad gets discount in bts when he pays in cash...and its only when he asks...but he spends a fair bit in there...
    Should I go in there with all the receipts from my previous purchases? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

worth a shot,at least youd know for future reference

Advertisement