Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read Paul Williams BOOks

Options
  • 04-08-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

everyone should read pauls books cos they are inspiring they give an in depth look into Irelands dark side .. thery are fantastic reads, and no matter what anyone says Paul Williams is a fantastic writer, and a famous author and a ly figure to some of Irelands most wanted. :o :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I disagree, most of his writings are rehashed Sunday world articles. I'm intrigued how you find them inspiring, do you have dreams of becoming a crimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

titles of books ? links to reviews or synopsis ? fantasy / crime / real world / auto biographical ?

Which dark side would this be precisely ?

I do like the bit "no matter what anyone says Paul Williams is a fantastic writer, and a famous author". So basically , people say he's crap except you who thinks he's fantastic. Oh and he's famous too (not usually a reason I would go with when choosing a book to read but, each to their own).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

LoLth, he's a Sunday World hack who writes tired sensationalist stuff about organised crime. Not completely terrible as tabloid journalism goes, (damning with faint praise I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I like his monotone, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yes, if you ever want to see the English language weilded with the dexterous finesse of a toddler with a hammer, I highly recommend his work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was given a copy of Crimelords a year or two ago, and the kindest thing I can say about it is that his books have plenty of facts in them if it's anything to go by. How true these facts are isn't something I have ever delved into, but there are lots of them presented in some of the most turgid prose I've seen in a long time. Fantastic writer? I agree, it's a fantastic notion to think of Williams as a writer. As for being famous, Jordan and Jade Goody are more famous than Williams but I won't be reading their books any sooner than I'll be reading any more of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Talliesin wrote:
    Yes, if you ever want to see the English language weilded with the dexterous finesse of a toddler with a hammer, I highly recommend his work.

On this point. On the way to the Dublin/Derry match on Saturday I was handed a quite bizarre pamphlet detailing Paul Williams various "abuses." It consisted of half an A4 page ripped in half with a fairly bad photo of PW on one side and a list of alleged abuses beside it; they include Abuse of the English Language, Abuse of Sporting Champions and (bizarrely) Abuse of Irish Public!!!!!! (The exclamation marks were on the pamphlet).

Did anyone else get this and does anyone know what the point of it was?

Advertisement