Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long for repair

• 04-08-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I sent off my xbox 360 to Germany there about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The said it could take 25 days to get back. How long have people been waiting in the last while to get theirs back? Has anyone had any issues with the repaired xbox returned or was the problem solved permanently..?

Don't fancy going through the whole hassle of sending it off again...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's ment to take around 20 working days to fix not including delivery times there and back.

Did you check your tracking number to see if its on the way back to you?

Mine only got to the repair centre on Tuesday and I'm hoping to get it back for the release of Bioshock, can't see that happening though so I'm just going to buy another one and use it as a back up 360.

Great console, pitty about the ****ty build quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Mine died on the 31st of May, sent of off in the first week of June and I got it back at the end of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Mine died at the end of june, sent it off straight away and just got it back on wednesday.... btw it was a refurbished one too(I dont really mind as the refurb is dead silent when watching hd-dvds:) ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Mine isn't a refurb. I got the same machine back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

fasty wrote:
    Mine isn't a refurb. I got the same machine back.
    Yeah they are ment to refurbish your machine, gets a newly designed heatsink package and maybe some other stuff.

When I rang xbox about my faulty unit I was told 25 working days as the turn around time, I sent mine off on the 18th of July and got it back yesterday.

looks like the same unit, with the same manufacture date on the back, or close enough I can't really remember the exact one. But there is a new cover on the dvd drive. When I tried to connect back to XBL I couldn't, as I have MAC filtering on, I checked the address of the unit, and it is a different address, so it looks to me like I got my case wrapped around another unit.

One other thing, I took off the front facia before I sent mine for repair, and it was sent back with a new one on it.

It could be someone elses machine I suppose, but the s/n and mfg date are pretty close to what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Just got in touch with Ms and UPS there a while ago, I will get mine back this coming tuesday. Sent it off on the 17th of July so its about average. Hope I don't have to go through that sh!te again...

Advertisement