Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.wme files changed themselves to .M4A

• 04-08-2007 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently swapped my Hard disk out for a bigger one & copied all of the files I needed to an external drive. O/s is XP Pro

everything came back fine with the exception of the music I'd copied onto my pc from CD. It WAS in .wma format (needed so I can access it through my internet radio), but when I copied it back from the external disk it was in .M4A format !

Anyone know why this happened & if there's a way of getting it back into .wma

cheers

Andi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

.M4A is Apple's re-branding of the .MP4 container for the purpose of just marking it as audio only in the container.

If you have installed something like iTunes it might have scanned the computer and converted any WMA tracks it found into (AAC) M4A. The program does have that capability and I believe it offers it as an option during the install of it so that would be my best guess.

My memory is a little foggy but I thought it at least left the originals in place as well but I cant be certain try searching for any WMA files on the computer and see what it finds.

Advertisement