Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

085 mobile no trace

• 04-08-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

some idiot at work is senting me abusive message

i know its someone from work
    its a 085 moble number

how can get the name of this 085 number

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

you can't but the gardai can ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Go into your mobile phone shop. They should be able to bar it. You could also go to the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

Short answer: You cannot. Go report him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

I can tell you what I did in a similar situation and it paid instant dividends.

I made a note of all the messages. I saved them. I made a list of their content, time sent.

I spoke to the helpdesk of the the provider of the phone that I was receiving the messages on.

I made sure to take the time that the call was answered and the name of the operative.

I said "I have a problem and I'd like you to help. On the xth of April at xx.xx time I received the following text message...'xxxxxx". On the xth"

I just read them all out "into the record" if you like. I insisted that they hear them all.

They started off how they could not trace, how only the cops can...yadda yadda.

I then responded by saying I have your name, and the time and date of this call. You are exactly aware of how distressing these messages are and their frequency.

"If this cellular provider became aware that I was sharing music using my phone, they would cut me off without a court trial under T&C. Are you saying this is less important?

"I expect action and you are now fully aware of the situation and if no action is taken I can contrast this with your ability to terminate service for other offences without recourse to state legal instruments."

They stopped immediately.

I can only presume what I said worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

thanks for the replies

ive scared the culprit off :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I can tell you what I did in a similar situation and it paid instant dividends.

I made a note of all the messages. I saved them. I made a list of their content, time sent.

I spoke to the helpdesk of the the provider of the phone that I was receiving the messages on.

I made sure to take the time that the call was answered and the name of the operative.

I said "I have a problem and I'd like you to help. On the xth of April at xx.xx time I received the following text message...'xxxxxx". On the xth"

I just read them all out "into the record" if you like. I insisted that they hear them all.

They started off how they could not trace, how only the cops can...yadda yadda.

I then responded by saying I have your name, and the time and date of this call. You are exactly aware of how distressing these messages are and their frequency.

"If this cellular provider became aware that I was sharing music using my phone, they would cut me off without a court trial under T&C. Are you saying this is less important?

"I expect action and you are now fully aware of the situation and if no action is taken I can contrast this with your ability to terminate service for other offences without recourse to state legal instruments."

They stopped immediately.

I can only presume what I said worked.

it didnt, a phone provider cant block anything from coming into your phone,only all calls and texts but not from individual numbers,maybe the person sending you the messages just got bored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

They may not be able to bar particular incoming calls but they certainly can bar any outgoing call to any given number. In any case if you have either a Symbian S60 or Windows mobile phone there are apps that do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

nope S40 mobile sh**e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GUIGuy wrote:
    They may not be able to bar particular incoming calls but they certainly can bar any outgoing call to any given number. In any case if you have either a Symbian S60 or Windows mobile phone there are apps that do the same.

um..no they cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Why not simply call the number and see who answers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

you could try the guards but they are usless. i was getting phone calls at night like that on a private number. was really anoying. reported it to guards and what they do is record phone calls at complete random times. they tried at half 12 at night. then they told me they can only trace eircom phone lines...usless

Advertisement