Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Star Trek scene

• 04-08-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Okay, we've done the "favorite episode" / "favorite series" to death but just wondering what everyone's favorite scene from Star Trek is??

To get the ball rolling I'll throw it out there and have to say the scene that most quickly comes to mind is in that episode Yesterday's Enterprise, TNG where Captain Picard tells the Captain of the Enterprise C that the Federation are getting screwed in the war with the Klingons and defeat was inevitable - weighty or wha?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

TNG - The Inner Light, where Picard is told the life he's been leaving has all been generated by the alien probe.

DS9 - Lots of choices.. how about when the Obsidian Order/Tal Shiar fleet decloak off the station on their way to the wormhole. Or anything with Dukat in it.

VOY - Message In A Bottle, when we first see the Prometheus goto MVAM mode

ENT - In A Mirror Darkly, the alternate title sequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

When Q gives Data the gift of laughter... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sir, I, protest, I am not a merry man!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Picard being tortured by Cardasians - "There are three lights."
    Then at the end of the ep confiding in Diana he did see 4 lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

Next Gen-End of Best of Both Worlds Part 1-Mr.Worf-Fire, Den Den Den Den Den Denn!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

oxygen wrote:
    Picard being tortured by Cardasians - "There are three lights."
    Then at the end of the ep confiding in Diana he did see 4 lights.

It was 4 lights, they wanted him to see 5. Its a referance too room 101 and also to the idea of 2+2=5 just because the governments says so.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Do you have to ask?

Kirk_scream.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Slice wrote:
    Okay, we've done the "favorite episode" / "favorite series" to death but just wondering what everyone's favorite scene from Star Trek is??

To get the ball rolling I'll throw it out there and have to say the scene that most quickly comes to mind is in that episode Yesterday's Enterprise, TNG where Captain Picard tells the Captain of the Enterprise C that the Federation are getting screwed in the war with the Klingons and defeat was inevitable - weighty or wha?

I found that to be a great episode, i did love the line "Lets make sure that history lever forgets the name, Enterprise"

Do you have to ask?

Kirk_scream.jpg

HA!

i love the way you dont even have to type the words just have pic is all it takes for someone to get a good laugh
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    TNG - The Inner Light, where Picard is told the life he's been leaving has all been generated by the alien probe.

-- Its always been a fav episode but its never been in mine

DS9 - Lots of choices.. how about when the Obsidian Order/Tal Shiar fleet decloak off the station on their way to the wormhole. Or anything with Dukat in it.

-- Yes that would be one of my ds9 moments

VOY - Message In A Bottle, when we first see the Prometheus goto MVAM mode

-- Very good one as well

ENT - In A Mirror Darkly, the alternate title sequence.

-- And again Yes very good choice

For me

TOS:

"In another univerce i could have called you, Friend..." no wait thats not it... its been to long since ive seen balence of terror :(

TAS: *cough*

TNG: I have no idea, i dont know if i like tng anymore.... i spent 10 mins trying to decide not being able to remember anything that was "amazing".
    Ill have to go with the first borg encounter with Q on the ship. Twards the end when piccard swallows his pride and admits he needs Q.

DS9: The die is the cast

"Col. Lovak: Scan the planet for lifeforms"
    Romulan Female: Sensors show multiple lifeforms on the surface they appear to be in a liquid state
    Gareck: The Founders
    Tain: signal the fleet to charge weapons and lock onto there targets, wel open fire the moment we drop our cloaks.
    Romulan commander:All ships report ready all weapons charged.
    Tain: so much for the dominion, Open Fire!
    Romulan commander: 1st barrage is complete
    Tain: Effect?
    30% of the planatary crust destroyed on opening volly
    Romulan commander: no change in lifeform readings
    Tain: whats thats impsosible some of them had to be killed
    Gareck: there using a automated sensor to send back false sensor readings the planets deserted.
    Tain: Colnel! signal the fleet to
    Romulan commander: Sir i have ships comming out of the nebula
    Tain:what type of ships?
    Romulan commander: Gem'hadar fighters
    Tain: How many?
    Tain: I ASKEED YOU A QUESTION!
    Romulan commander: One Hundred Fifty
    Tain: Tatical display onscrean
    Gareck: Its a trap theyve been waiting for us all along....
    Lovak: Report!
    Romulan commander: Cardassion crusier Coranack has been destroyed, Romulan warbirs Mackar and volock have lost main power
    Lovak: Bring us about to course 218 mark 315 concentrate fire on ships attacking off the port quarter*explosion*Bridge to engineering we need power to the weapons, brdige to enginering respond... Ill be in enginering, Tain take command of the bridge!
    Romulan commander: 4 more gemhadar ships closing on our position.
    *Gareck Leaves to get odo*
    *5 mins later he comes back for Tain...*

Gareck: Tain we have to go.
    Tain: Theremust have been an informent thats the only explenation
    Gareck: yes your right there was an informent Col. Lovack is a changleing.
    Tain: Lovack?
    Gareck: Yes but thats something we can discuss at another time right now its time to...
    Tain: It appears i have underestimated the fouders, i should have seen it comming there was a time when nothing got past me you remember dont you Elem?
    Gareck: Yes i Do but now we have to go!
    Tain: Go where back to Meala and my quit retirment, i dont think so. I must be getting old i let my pride overide my insticts, wouldnt have played it that way in the old days in the old days i would have kept Lovack at arms legenth, he was too cagey too smart.
    Gareck: I cant just leave you here!
    Tain: I always did have a softspot for you gareck, anothe rof my flaws.
    *gareck knocked out and carried to safety by ODO*

Tain: These founders Elelm, There very good... Next time we should be more carefull

VOY: Year of hell

Captin Anerax: Collect samples, 2 lifeforms 12 square meters of the hull, disable there shielding prepere to iniate atemperal incursion.
    Harry: That entire vesel exists in a state outside of spacetime
    *2 crew men beamed off*
    Janeway: get a lock on them!
    Harry: I cant isiolate there patters.
    Where being hailed
    Janeway: Onscrean
    Anerax: State your idendity
    Janeway: I am captian cathern janeway of the starship voyager who are you and where are my men.
    Anerax: I am anerax of the krenim imperium, ive transfeared your crewmen to my vessel for further annalysis, your vessel does not come from this part of space.
    Janeway: We come from earth a planet 65,000 lightyears away where trying to get home. Tell me weve been noticing some odd events in this area of space it appears your imperium never existed perhaps you could shed some light on this?
    Anerax: Thats dosent concern you, what is important is that you understand i bear you no hostality but you have diverted me from my mission.
    Janeway: Your mission??... Your responsible for the changes in the timeline!
    Anerax: Your a long way from your world in a manor of spekaing so am i but only one of us can go home again, your sacrafice will resporte the lives of countles billions, Im sorry.

Actually no. Thats not my favurate, same episode sifferent scene.

Krenim Captin: Youve entered Krenim space, State your idendity.
    Janeway: Captin Janeway of the starship voyager, just passing though trying to get home.
    Krenim Captin: This region is in dispute, i suggest you avoid our territory.
    Janeway: thanks for the warning.
    Krenim Captin: good Journey.

ENT: Mirror intro would be the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

When they do the DS9 episode with the Original series The Trouble with Tribbles... classic stuff. Mostly just cause it's so well done.

Too many other great scenes to know where to start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

There are FOUR LIGHTS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Mordeth wrote:
    There are FOUR LIGHTS!!!!

one of the funniest things i have ever heard was my mate saying that in his sleap, we where slaging funny/ridiclus parts in star trek in the pub and when he was pased out at about 5 in the morning i heard him saying that in his sleap

Advertisement