Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning a phone.

• 04-08-2007 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Im normally not an impulsive shopper but on a whim today I bought a Nokia 6280 without doing any prior research on the 3 network which the phone is locked too. After using it for the last hour I really regret this purchase and wish to return it. The reciept says I have upto 14 days to bring a purchase back but I was wondering will this be effected by the fact that I have opened the box (its still in perfect condition bar the sticker that was on it to close the box) and that I had installed the simcard?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope no problem. Just make sure to bring your receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Eh,they won't take it back once it's opened,all the networks say that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kmart6 wrote:
    Eh,they won't take it back once it's opened,all the networks say that!

3 have a 14 day day return policy so you can try the network and the phone so you can see if you like it. You can return the phone at any time during the 14 day period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

All networks have a 14 day coverage policy. Worst case scenario, say you have crap coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wyntyr

Cheers lads, was able to bring it back no problem. The reason I wanted to return it was the fact that I kept getting periods of signal loss and since im on call 24/7 for work I cant afford not to be contactable. Unfortunatly, however, for the brief hour I was with them I enquired about porting my number over and they said they would ring me to verify that I wanted to go through with it but instead they just went ahead and ported my number anyways so im currently without a working sim card until 02 port me back. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I had the opposite problem, took them over 2 weeks to port my number. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd contact ComReg. If they ported your number without a) your permission and b) verifying the number by calling it, they are liable to be fined. You can also get damages for loss of work etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

wyntyr wrote:
    Cheers lads, was able to bring it back no problem. The reason I wanted to return it was the fact that I kept getting periods of signal loss and since im on call 24/7 for work I cant afford not to be contactable.

That's very unusual. Perhaps it was a faulty phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

That's very unusual. Perhaps it was a faulty phone.

you're kidding, right? a phone that periodically loses signal? every phone i've ever owned has done that to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

I just got an upgrade on meteor and made a mistake and got the wrong phone.
    The phone was never used never taken out of the box in fact but my girlfriend broke the seal on the top of the box.The guy in the meteor shop wont change it
    I bought it 2 days ago.Do i have any options:mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Do i have any options

With an upgrade you can hardly say that you have no coverage. Have your girlfriend buy you the correct phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wyntyr

you're kidding, right? a phone that periodically loses signal? every phone i've ever owned has done that to some degree.

Beyond being in the basement of some buildings and going through tunnels I cant recall any significant signal loss occuring on my phone over the last few years on 02.
    Do i have any options

No idea mate, I checked the Meteor site and there wasnt much information unless the phone was broken. However the carphone warehouse site had:

""Vodafone, O2 & Meteor" Change of Mind Returns Policy
    Mobile phones can only be returned for "change of mind" reasons if the packaging is unopened and the phone unused. Any additional promotional items received at the time of purchase must also be returned unused and unopened.If a mobile phone has made or received a call it cannot be returned or refunded."

Advertisement