Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with NEC TFT LCD moniter.

• 04-08-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

i have obtained a NEC tft lcd panel from a test pro modular unit.
    i'm trying to use the moniter with my personal computer but i have no idea where to start, i've stripped the unit down to the main panel, now i'm just trying to understand which pins i've to connect thus to get the moniter running.
    anywho anyone want to give me a hand or direct me where to go?

03082007004.jpg
    03082007003.jpg
    03082007002.jpg
    03082007001.jpg
    03082007.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

sorry what are you trying to do? Why did you take apart this monitor? also a better picture of the model number would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hmm...

I'm not sure how much of a background you have in this sort of thing, but what you want is certainly difficult (probably impossible without the requisite circuit diagrams or at least some better clue as to what we're actually looking at).

Even if that display uses some sort of "standard" (such as LDI or FPD-Link or similar), you probably don't have anything that can drive that - short of a laptop or maybe one of those mini-ITX boards with a suitable port. Even then, you don't know how the sockets are wired. If you have to start adding interface/conversion circuitry to make whatever signal you want to use this with compatible with your LCD (I assume we're talking an output from a graphics card) then in all likelihood it'd be cheaper in terms of time and money to just go and buy one that's designed to do that. I don't know that much about designing high-speed digital signal processing logic, but I do know it's not for amateurs, and it won't be at all cheap unless you've got a lot of very fancy kit just lying around.

Sorry to be the downer here, but...
    Gadget

Advertisement